Package Labels

Kiyaani

Package Labels

Post by Kiyaani »

It would be neat if we could customize the packages we get from the post office with a 2-3 word description that acted as a "label", either at the time of purchase or, alternately, if we could purchase a stack of labels or tags and apply them to packages or other long-term storage containers already in existence. This would help with organization when you want to keep certain items of a type all together for easy storage and retrieval. The labels would all be considered in-character.

So if you had a bunch of packages in a trunk, for example, instead of seeing "a package (x10)" and having to keep track of what they all were or look in them all, you would see something like: "a box labeled nails", "a trunk labeled shirts", "a chest labeled Octum costume", "a package labeled poultice herbs", etc. If you decided to change the label you could remove or "detach" it and "write" a new one. It might seem like a small ask, but it would be pretty helpful, I think.
Nobody

Re: Package Labels

Post by Nobody »

I like this idea, but the targeting system does not, insofar as I know, allow for targeting based on descriptors after the noun. Which means you could see that you have a package labeled nails, but get package nails would fail.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

If that happens to be the case it could just change syntax order "a nails labeled box". It sounds weirder, but could still work.
Math321

Post by Math321 »

Immediately seconding this. Labeling containers - barrels, chests, whatever - would be a godsend for large-scale item organization, especially if all containers could have labels affixed to them.

And if the label is placed BEFORE the noun (e.g. a "nails"-labeled chest), that could potentially allow people to target a labeled container with other commands (get nail from nails chest).

Edit: Seems I was ninja'd. But yeah. The prefix-label concept does seem like a good one, albeit one with awkward syntax.
Characters I play:
Quintin, the Artisan.
Xanthe

Post by Xanthe »

I'm adding my like to it, because this would be greatly helpful for books as well.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I don't think 3M removable adhesive has been invented in CLOK yet. :-p

I do agree the generic packages are a bit annoying though. I'll see if we can add some customization options to the shops.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Yeah, these wouldn't be the adhesive types but I understand why it came off that way. These would be more like luggage labels that are inserted into a clip-on/tie-on tag, or if the box has a card slot on it you can slide the label in there. For packages it can be a card with a hole in it that you tie to the package with string/ribbon/twine like a gift note. You can use a different key word other than "attach", it just seemed easiest for the smaller stuff. I appreciate the consideration though!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”