Synergy Bonus - Bushcraft Basic & Skinning Focus

Dorn

Synergy Bonus - Bushcraft Basic & Skinning Focus

Post by Dorn »

Currently one of the benefits from Bushcraft Basic is completely invalid for those who actually want to focus in Skinning and take that appropriate ability.

What I'd suggest is if a person has both, maybe a slightly weighed roll to ensuring pelts are at least average?

On targets you're not used to skinning, it would provide a little better quality. To targets you're used to skinning, no benefit at all.

It would just make it feel a little less redundant for those who want to take skinning "seriously".
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
carrioncaw

Re: Synergy Bonus - Bushcraft Basic & Skinning Focus

Post by carrioncaw »

Although Skinning Focus claims to unlock the ability to skin, and maybe it just refers to allowing a wider list and I haven't found the critters making it required, I've been skinning without either.

I'm not sure why the abilities are necessary, at least not beyond Skinning Focus, to increase the quality of the pelts. Wouldn't this be the purpose/result of the training the skill?

If both are had, and necessary, then I do agree that their combined efforts should reward the player for giving up 1/10th of their abilities to focus on this one aspect so heavily.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

That's pretty much what I'm suggesting Carrionclaw, if someone has both.

Bushcraft Basic unlocks full 0-2500 of the skinning skill, but max of average quality.
Skinning Focus unlocks full 0-2500 of the skinning skill, with max of pristine quality.

What I'm suggesting is, if you have both, that it weighs the quality upwards to average a little.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
carrioncaw

Post by carrioncaw »

Aha, gotcha. Learning the bits about the full 2500 and average/pristine qualities, I would tend to agree.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”