Being able to wear a shield using the 'Sheath' command

Kent

Being able to wear a shield using the 'Sheath' command

Post by Kent »

Sometimes I hold a sword and a dagger, sometimes I hold a morning-star and a shield.

When I am done combat, to put away the weapons, I like to type in

Sheath
Sheath

which works nicely with the sword and dagger, but with the morning-star and shield, I am left with shield in hand.

I was hoping that there would be some way to code it so that if I type in Sheath on a shield, my character will wear the shield, i.e. sheath shield on shoulders or somesuch, or just automatically wears the shield.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Kent

Re: Being able to wear a shield using the 'Sheath' command

Post by Kent »

Oh yes, and a bow...If we are wielding a bow and type 'Sheath' could the bow be worn in a similar fashion?

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Post by Tangela »

Sheath and wear are fundamentally not the same thing, though you could perhaps do it by making sheath an alias clientside. though you may want to have it execute sheath;wear shield, as otherwise then you'd actually lose the default sheath behavior
Kent

Post by Kent »

Tangela wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:52 pm Sheath and wear are fundamentally not the same thing
As far as functional intent goes, viz, the putting aside of the item on one's person so that the hand is now free, Sheath and Wear of a shield or bow or musket are fundamentally the same thing.

Yes, I am now coping with it using a client alias, but the down side of every client alias is that it sends everytime an extra command that puts a little extra burden on the server. I was hoping to avert that little extra burden every time my character puts away his sword/hafted weapon/polearm/musket/buckler/shield/or bow.....the one command 'sheath' would cover it all.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”