Groinkick to work on both genders

Lun
CLOK Patron

Groinkick to work on both genders

Post by Lun »

Topic. Can we disable casting for both genders? It's 1218, let's get with gender equality!
Noctere
Coder

Re: Groinkick to work on both genders

Post by Noctere »

So... are you saying you would like us to force male anatomy onto all females so that groinkick will work?

A lot of this game is based on real world and historically accurate elements. You can't cause pain to something that isn't there.... To do so simple for a mechanical benefit would not be right. Historically men have always had this weakness but I can see it be diminished if they are wearing armor. Not sure if that is in the code or not. Maybe we can have something like a snooty french sounding merchant proudly selling special 'armor' for men one day.
It's not easy being evil...
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

It can be pretty debilitating pain for a woman to get kicked in that region, as far as I'm aware. I can't personally attest, but it's supposed to be pretty bad.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

Former martial artist and female here! Can confirm, it hurts. Admittedly probably not as much as it would a man, but it's still pretty painful and would cause me to pause for a few seconds.

Though I do like the idea of 'special armour' as well.
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I don't think anyone's arguing that a woman getting kicked in the groin would not feel any pain, but rather that it wouldn't have a highly debilitating nausea-inducing agonizing effect comparable to that of males, and that's the whole point of the ability.
The lore compels me!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

P.S. Not that I'm saying it would be bad to be used as a less-effective brief stun or something on female targets.
The lore compels me!
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

this is family friendly game pls no balls abilities

edit

But for reals I think it's fine. Praise CLOK for realism. Just make it do minor damage or something to female characters if it doesn't already? :o
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

Hakon wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:33 am this is family friendly game pls no balls abilities

I think this ability is all-around inappropriate to this game.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Lemuel wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:04 pm
Hakon wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:33 am this is family friendly game pls no balls abilities

Says the blood-and-gore-covered mercenary who routinely brutalizes all manner of creatures!
The lore compels me!
Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Rias wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:29 pm
Lemuel wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Says the blood-and-gore-covered mercenary who routinely brutalizes all manner of creatures!
What's wrong with being covered in blood and gore? That's one of Rakon's key accessories!
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I saw this gif and I thought of this thread. re: disclaimer: Not to drive a point in, I get it, but here's a link of an example of gender equality (safe for work).
(It's a gif, for you visually impaired folk.)
(Contents: Lady sitting on makeshift trailor hooked up to a motorcycle that's held up by a stretchy fabric. The motorcycle starts, but the band snaps and hits her in the groin, causing her incredible pain.)
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Nobody has claimed that females are immune to pain or injury in the groin area.
Lun wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:17 pm gender equality
I figured the term was used in a tongue-in-cheek way in your first post, but you're keeping at it so I've now moved into "not sure if serious" territory. Just in case I was mistaken and we are being serious: I'm 100% for equal treatment, rights, and opportunities across genders in human society. Given the context of this thread (anatomic differences, essentially) such things are irrelevant.
The lore compels me!
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Not serious hence the disclaimer.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”