TYPOCORRECT (TCORRECT) command or something

Bryce

TYPOCORRECT (TCORRECT) command or something

Post by Bryce »

A command that sends an OOC message to all in the same room correcting a typo, so people don't have to broadcast them over chat. Keep it limited to a single word.

Usage: TCORRECT <word>

Example:

Code: Select all

You say, "I sure love dinkin."
>tcorrect drinkin
[OOC-TYPO Bryce: *drinkin]
Of course, if you're in a room with only one other person, I'd think a simple TELL would do.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
jilliana

Re: TYPOCORRECT (TCORRECT) command or something

Post by jilliana »

+100.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato
DEV

Re: TYPOCORRECT (TCORRECT) command or something

Post by Jirato »

I can see this being useful for certain situations where a typo is so bad that it completely changes the meaning of a sentence, such as the case of Bryce loving "dinkin'", but I wouldn't want to see it overused for every single typo. I feel like most typos are easy enough to figure out what the original intent was, and bringing up a minor typo OOCly to correct it can be very immersion-breaking.

I still like the idea and I think I'll add it, but I'd like to put in a notice in the command help for it that it is best to only use for major typos.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”