Mail me confirm

jilliana

Mail me confirm

Post by jilliana »

It's not possible to mail things to yourself, but I hope it does become a thing some day.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have found myself in a bit of a pickle where I have my hands full and have to carry more and don't want to drag a handcart and really the easiest solution is to mail things to myself and pick them up in the place where I get mail.

I was also thinking that if we want this thing, we could be willing to pay a bit more, but not as much as it would to send something anonymously.

What say you all?
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Akila
Mentor

Re: Mail me confirm

Post by Akila »

I had a moment where I was just wondering why I would ever mail anything to myself, then remembered I actually did this RL when picking up and mailing something to myself was cheaper than paying for delivery, as well as mailing stuff to myself over to the US because it was easier than a shipping container.

I like this idea.
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
artus

Post by artus »

I vote for this feature as well, but I also vote for it to have some kind of cool down to prevent players from mailing a hundred packages to themselves in a minute just for the sake of their convenience.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

artus wrote:I vote for this feature as well, but I also vote for it to have some kind of cool down to prevent players from mailing a hundred packages to themselves in a minute just for the sake of their convenience.
Whereas I can see this cooldown thing being required for other things, I don't see it for something like this. If one is willing to pay for the service, then that's enough "balance" in itself.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”