Drunkenness and maybe a vague duration in "effects"

Marauder

Drunkenness and maybe a vague duration in "effects"

Post by Marauder »

Honestly this is something I think would be neat and it'd be fun if it were a more vague duration descriptor instead of exact length in seconds. Why not make it at least tell you a different message based on how drunk you are?

There are other things that don't show up in "effects" that may be necessary to put there, but I'm sick and my head's clouded because of it. Can't remember the others.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Re: Drunkenness and maybe a vague duration in "effects"

Post by Lun »

Drunkness, cold duration are two things off the top of my head that aren't displayed with a timer.

Rpas and depart penalties, too.
Marauder

Post by Marauder »

I don't think RPAs HAVE a duration. They're based on skill gain, last I recall.

The depart reduction to your current skills does have a duration, but the learning penalty is not time-based at all. It will stay until you work it off as far as I've seen, kind of like a reverse RPA.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Like RPAs, drunkenness doesn't have a duration either. It's all based on how much alcohol you consume and how long it takes your body to filter it out.

Some effects are intentionally left ambiguous.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Marauder

Post by Marauder »

Can we get a brief line in effects that says "You feel drunk." or something similar then? I usually tell by speech or what kind of alcohol the character just drank.
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

Marauder wrote:Can we get a brief line in effects that says "You feel drunk."
I approve of this message.

(along with a "You are pantsless" line for Kent. even if he has pants on)

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”