Various Little Suggestions

Lacie

Various Little Suggestions

Post by Lacie »

I've mentioned these before, but I just want to post them on the boards.

Flexible nouns to refer to objects by:
Say, if you 'look in cart', with a handcart in the room, and the game sees that there's no 'cart' object, it should look for the first object with the word 'cart' in it, say... the handcart! This would also be useful for using 'pack' instead of backpack, 'bow' instead of longbow, 'box' instead of lockbox, 'staff' instead of quarterstaff, and on and on.

I know buying things in multiples (and hopefully into containers) is on the to-do list, but I wanted to bring it up again.

Also, some kind of command that bypasses 'order confirm', because that can get annoying when you're on waybread 2 of 15.

Queued commands in battle/barrage/trance:
Basically, so you're stabbing a guy with your knife, and you want to flank him or whatnot. As it stands now, doing 'flank' during battle automatically cancels battle and you have to put the command in again, but it would be nice if it instead 'queued' the command, so that when your roundtime is up, it does that command, then proceeds to go back to battling. This is 85% of the reason I don't use barrage.

Also, some kind of warning before you do that last attack/ability that drains your energy so much that you go unconscious.
Collins glances at a slimy big-lipped collinsfish.
Collins says, "Really..."
A slimy big-lipped collinsfish's mouth and gills gasp desperately for water as it lies helpless on the ground.
Speaking to a slimy big-lipped collinsfish, Collins says, "Go away."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Sorry this stuff fell by the wayside. Please see this post for the order upgrades.
The lore compels me!
Lacie

Post by Lacie »

Another little suggestion:

Another category for viewing your skills: Skills Category Study that brings up any skills you're currently studying.
A slimy big-lipped collinsfish's mouth and gills gasp desperately for water as it lies helpless on the ground.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Granted. Try skills study.
The lore compels me!
Landion

Post by Landion »

He's like an uber code geni!
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

By request, skills study now also displays your current base skill for the studied skills.
The lore compels me!
niftyest1

Post by niftyest1 »

We should have a guild shop for Dwaedyn Wyr, and have a textbook too
You ask, "I lost my ear?"
Jaster says, "It happens when you die."
You say, "Ew."
Jaster laughs!
Landion

Post by Landion »

I don't know that the Dwaedyn are very... scholarly. I can imagine them having access to special training armor or weapons though, that might be an interesting idea we can mull over.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Lacie

Post by Lacie »

• list as an alias for buy or a command to list the items a shop has. This is standard in most MUDs and throws me off.
  • me or self as an alias for your character's name. Look me, nod self, etc. Also usually standard.
  • follow as an alias for join.
  • The ability to use key rings from your belt, for convenience's sake.
  • A toggle in options for the extra messaging when you use 'think'. I don't really need to see it every time. :P
Last edited by Lacie on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

List is now an alias for order.

Characters can now go through locked doors if they are wearing a keyring with the appropriate key attached without having to remove the keyring first.
The lore compels me!
Lacie

Post by Lacie »

Yay, thanks!

Also, one more:
  • Eat <food> all or something of the like so you can just cram a bunch of food in your mouth without spamming the command 20 times.
niftyest1

Post by niftyest1 »

and you should put that log cabin north of the overgrown trail up for sale. (and make it somewhat cheap.)
You say, "Ew."
Jaster laughs!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I've wanted a command to eat an entire food item in one shot pretty much since the food system was rolled out, but just never got around to it.

Thanks to the Power of Lacie (R), you can now eat [item] all to eat an entire food item at once.
The lore compels me!
niftyest1

Post by niftyest1 »

yay!
You say, "Ew."
Jaster laughs!
niftyest1

Post by niftyest1 »

You should let people buy homes in their own guild.
You say, "Ew."
Jaster laughs!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Some guilds offer quarters, such as the Elemancers getting dorms, and Monks and Templar getting living cells. For other guilds, it might be available where it makes sense, though they will not be publicly listed or anything like that. You could talk to your guildmaster about it. Don't expect to get a large full home within a guild, though, as guilds tend to be buildings themselves, and a full house would not fit inside them.

The biggest issue would be that you wouldn't be able to bring visitors over if they were not in the same guild as you, since guilds generally restrict access to their grounds to members only. That's the reason we don't plan on building full homes within guilds.

In your case, Niftyest, the Dwaedn Wyr guild hasn't even been built beyond the path to it and a single nondescript room at the end of the path where Bjorn stands around to initiate and promote members. GM Vorpal was working on it, but he has long since disappeared, and nobody has picked that project back up yet.
The lore compels me!
niftyest1

Post by niftyest1 »

well, cant someone else start working on it?
You say, "Ew."
Jaster laughs!
niftyest1

Post by niftyest1 »

This one could be useful too.

Tame: Dwaedn Wyrs wrangle and tame a wild animal. You can now use this animal for hunting, or in battles. (since Dwaedn Wyrs don't really have many ability's.
You say, "Ew."
Jaster laughs!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Please only post ideas in one place. In this case, the place to post ideas for Dwaedn Wyr abilities would be on the Dwaedn Wyr board under the "Guilds" category.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”