Tutorial Addition

Kiyaani

Tutorial Addition

Post by Kiyaani »

Not sure if this is in there already, but can we add a part about nicknames to the opening tutorial or even to the login for returning players? And really make it prominent... like the first time entering the wilderness warning. I've seen several people just this week asking how they stop being a "guest". It would be a great way to let new and returning folks know how to set that up without them having to dig through the boards :)
jilliana

Re: Tutorial Addition

Post by jilliana »

I like this idea as well. This completely eliminate the asking, because some people just don't always look at the intro stuff. If you add it in the tutorial and in at least one other place should someone decide to skip it, it should make things a bit easier.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Liani
CLOK Patron

Post by Liani »

as this was the case with me, i thought I might share. Not everyone wants to read the boards or knows how to deal with forums. i had to have someone guide me through them, because the bbs boards were literally one of the first forums I ever visited. Adding it to the tutorial would help a great deal.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

OMG Welcome back Liani :)
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

There is a notice when you log in now telling you what your nickname is, what it's used for, and howe to change it.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Zahrah

Post by Zahrah »

I would just like to briefly add to this that, as a new player, I didn't realize I would have to change my nickname EVERY time I logged into the game. I don't remember anywhere stating that the nickname change was a temporary effect. It was easy enough to set up a trigger client-side, but maybe stating somewhere that the change must be done each time you log in or setting it up so it's permanent until you state otherwise would be nice and help new players who just assume that one time is all it takes!
[FROM Zeldryn (OOC)]: You're a fucking amazing RPer. +1000

Dorn bluntly asks, "And does it appear I have a wagon in my pocket?"
You quip, "It would honestly not surprise me if you did."

You notice a horribly disfigured squirrel quietly scanning the area while attempting to appear nonchalant about it.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”