Guest login rebuild

Vitello

Guest login rebuild

Post by Vitello »

When I started clok all those years ago the guest login, wandering around and picking herbs was my first taste and an easy way to 'try before you buy' of char gen. I think it was stripped out because players would use it to scout dangerous areas the didn't want their main getting killed in.

I think it would be neat to bring back, though with some sort of limiter that stopped you from going just anywhere.
Vitello - Ton - Shirinya - Alwaren
Bryce

Re: Guest login rebuild

Post by Bryce »

There's never been a guest login on CLOK.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Vitello

Post by Vitello »

Maybe guest is the wrong term. It was something like a traveler or peasant or something. I remember when the Salamander caves were added a player talking about using the login to go explore there.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Probably just made a throwaway alt character to go look around. You can still do that now.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Vitello

Post by Vitello »

I may be thinking of another game but I'm near certain it was clok. Maybe it was a resetting login. I remember the user was give a generic name like 'a traveler' and the players would be excited and helpful to the new player. I actually used the login myself to get a feel for travel and hunger because the impression I got from the website talking about the hunger/starvation system really intimidated me at first.
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

I can confirm that's never been a thing in CLOK, officially. There was a character named Guest for a short while until we found it and disabled it. A player made it, it was never an officially supported feature. It was disabled because the name was against policy and it looked like it was being used by multiple people.

Due to the nature of the game, I don't feel having characters named Guest running around would be a good idea. People can make their own characters, and if they decide idea they lake the game but want to play differentry, they can make another.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Jirato wrote:
Due to the nature of the game, I don't feel having characters named Guest running around would be a good idea. People can make their own characters, and if they decide idea they lake the game but want to play differentry, they can make another.
Careful there, Jirato, that almost broke into intelligibility.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Sorry, I haven't had access to a computer much lately. Been doing this from my tablet and I suck at soft keyboards.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”