Stop nutkicking through guards (in plain sight)

Lun
CLOK Patron

Stop nutkicking through guards (in plain sight)

Post by Lun »

One of the problems I've faced in my time as Zeel is that a lot of abilities ignore the fact there's a guard there and attack me directly. Examples being CHOKE, NUTSHOT, EYEGOUGE, DIRTKICK, a lot of abilities completely ignore the fact that I have a guard standing in front of me. Could my guards intercept these abilities, or make it so that I can't be targetted by these behind a guard? It makes fighting as a squishy mage terrible.

Yes, I know fighting as a squishy mage is terrible.

That's not the point, the point is that someone can run up to me and kick me in the nuts while I have a person, or multiple people, protecting me.

Also, it'd be nice if having multiple guards on someone would allow stealth attacks to be intercepted. On a previous event with bandits, the person that 5 people were guarding was still getting hit even with all the extra eyes on him.

edit: Edited title for clarity, thanks Kiyaani!
Last edited by Lun on Wed May 04, 2016 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dorn

Re: Stop nutkicking through guards

Post by Dorn »

Lun wrote:Also, it'd be nice if having multiple guards on someone would allow stealth attacks to be intercepted. On a previous event with bandits, the person that 5 people were guarding was still getting hit even with all the extra eyes on him.
Apparently, if said guards can spot the ambush they can intercept. But... yeah.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

I would like to continue to be able to snipe guarded targets if none of the guards spot me. I don't think the guards are going to form a constant solid shield wall if they don't even know there is a threat nearby.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Well, this is where the weird things regarding ranged ambush come into effect. If guards are under the paranoid bonus, you'd think they'd be crowding their guarded target hardcore. Of course, ranged ambushing doesn't proc the paranoia bonus.

You'd think people would be able to tell at least the general direction of a ranged attack from the arrow sticking in them and which way the head/fletching are directed.
~Dorn
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Some of the abilities he's talking about can't be used from stealth. It's more about stealth/perception-based abilities used in plain sight with an active guard from what I can tell. But either way, I could totally see a guard failing to intercept someone casually passing by and just kicking you if you hadn't been engaged with them already. I'm not sure it's that much an issue, and as Dorn said - if they have the roll to see it they should still do their job.
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Are you sure ranged ambushing doesn't make them paranoid? They start searching for me when I shoot. But I can agree with guards being extra mindful when they are paranoid like that and being possible but not guaranteed to intercept during that. That make sense. The first shot would have to count.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Been shot so many times from ranged. Never seen paranoid. Even vs the most well trained stealth mobs I know.
~Dorn
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

It must be two different things then. I thought they were the same. As much as it would hurt me, I think it should make the target paranoid.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Oh, I've bugged it. Course maybe I'm on crack and for whatever reasons I've never hit the required parameters for not acquiring (paranoid) vs ranged mobs but do it easily vs melee.
~Dorn

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”