Alteration Merchants

Skjotur

Alteration Merchants

Post by Skjotur »

Here is a suggestion to help bring some good feels to the players since this seems to be a turbulent time. Bring around some alteration merchants frequently for a little while. Don't sell anything, don't change anything's mechanical properties. Just simple appearance alteration services. Idea inspired when Teek was asking if there was anything like portfolios or binders. Thought maybe he could alter a satchel into something. This is something very simple that makes people very happy. People love to personalize their possessions.
jilliana

Re: Alteration Merchants

Post by jilliana »

+1
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

I miss this the most. Making festivals, shops and just hanging out with players was the best ever.

I asked a few friends of mine to stop on topmudsites to give you guys a few votes, hopefully it gets you seen and you get some new people in!

More merchants! Merchants are the bestest!
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I would like to alter my celestium dagger into a potato.

So Zoiya, summon up the latent GM powers within you and make it happen. I believe in you. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Again, don't like discussing details before they actually happen, but do think y'all should know, Vestyn and I have been talking about this and we should have a new NPC in the works soon. :-)
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I'll probably make one as well.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

That is great news Jirato, sorry to nudge the cat out of the bag early.
Vestyn
GM

Post by Vestyn »

I'm looking forward to bringing it to you all, especially since everyone seems to really realyl want it.
Vestyn
GM

Post by Vestyn »

Actually, since it's brought up, what are you all's priority? What kind of alterations do you want to see -- clothing, weapons and armor alterations, household items? I've been cooking up ideas for a few of these, and want to do my best to supply the demand. Lay it on me and I'll see what I can do.
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

Clothes sound very fun to me~
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Whatever you do, please consider accepting barters instead of riln from us savages. And someone please inform me on whether it's okay to get an alter into something historic, like an old family heirloom that you presumably had with you all the time and it always looked like that, or do you have to accept that this merchant actually did it. In other games that has been an acceptable gray area but I'm not sure how it works in CLOK, I never make it to these things. Maybe you could say to the merchant "I would like this to be restored a little please, so you can see the detail better."
Vestyn
GM

Post by Vestyn »

Skjotur wrote:Whatever you do, please consider accepting barters instead of riln from us savages.
I never even thought about this. Thanks for bringing it up.
sona

Post by sona »

I liked that NPC that brought around old lost treasures from characters pasts. Largely because it forced people to think of their character's past, of lost and important item. That NPC resulted in being reunited with an important item to my character, and also become immortalized in my character's crafting mark.

In response to Skjotur, yes, there was an NPC that was created to do this. I forget it's name though. He was great though.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

His name was Nyloh? Myloh? Something.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

I've always been partial to the ones that do hair and beard styling, or Tattoos and the like. but unique designs for my hord of weapons and armor is a close second.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Vestyn wrote:Actually, since it's brought up, what are you all's priority? What kind of alterations do you want to see -- clothing, weapons and armor alterations, household items? I've been cooking up ideas for a few of these, and want to do my best to supply the demand. Lay it on me and I'll see what I can do.
You know what, since it's only one item per person any way, why not allow that one item to be whatever the player wants to bring?

RP method : A Grummer has a big steam clockwork machine you put the item in, finished item comes out the other end a minute later.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”