Putting the Rook Retrieval method back the way it was

Kent

Putting the Rook Retrieval method back the way it was

Post by Kent »

For the most part of CLOK's history, when a corpse was taken to a Rook for retrieval, a shadow familiar appeared and you had to type something to chose to go with the familiar, and if you didn't you stayed dead.

It was a regrettable decision to change this, it was good the way it was and now we have grief because of it.

Please change it back to the way it was, it was a good game back then.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jirato

Re: Putting the Rook Retrieval method back the way it was

Post by Jirato »

I believe I've said multiple times that the reason it was reverted was because it was broken. It is not currently possible with the way it was previously coded. It results in duplicating player characters.

It's on my list for a complete rewrite with the rest of the new death mechanics.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”