Rook Retrieval Solution

Kiyaani

Rook Retrieval Solution

Post by Kiyaani »

I've already posted about the idea of sending mail to a church member if your character has taint to remove. Something that could be implemented might be good as well though. If an npc monk comes to town, could there be an option to ask monk for cleansing? It would be like getting a tonic from an npc herbalist or healer. While the population is low I think this would set people more at ease with death and consequences.
Kent

Re: Rook Retrieval Solution

Post by Kent »

Kiyaani wrote:I've already posted about the idea of sending mail to a church member if your character has taint to remove. Something that could be implemented might be good as well though. If an npc monk comes to town, could there be an option to ask monk for cleansing? It would be like getting a tonic from an npc herbalist or healer. While the population is low I think this would set people more at ease with death and consequences.
Just so you know, Kiyaani, this is not an option for all of us. Thanks to NPC rooks being coded to be unwilling to respect the clearly stated religious preferences of a PC, and Dorn exploiting that fact.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I'm fully aware of your situation Kent and I've tried on multiple characters to help you solve your problem. I don't see what Dorn is doing as exploitative, but rather RPing his character. His character just happens to be a bit of an ass. He brings conflict to the game which is a rare resource as most aren't willing to RP that side of things.

Just because my solution won't work for more severely tainted characters doesn't mean it isn't useful for everyone else. I'm sure the intention behind NPC rooks raising regardless of preference is that - again - departing is a very OOC decision and a rook is going to do what they can to preserve any soul brought to them - just as a monk would. The character can then handle the side-effects (which is what this thread is meant to deal with).

NPCs can't make the conscious decisions that PCs can. If you feel that rooks should be coded to adhere to player preference that should be posted in another thread with possibly an option on the player side.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

+1 this all the way. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”