Tracking and logging off

Skjotur

Tracking and logging off

Post by Skjotur »

It would be nice if when someone logs off, it leaves tracks that say something like "Some <type> tracks wander off and become lost."
Kent

Re: Tracking and logging off

Post by Kent »

Skjotur wrote:It would be nice if when someone logs off, it leaves tracks that say something like "Some <type> tracks wander off and become lost."
Does the tracking skill ever result in anything useful, guys? The limited experience I had with it resulted in me walking a few leagues in a direction and have the tracks cease. I did an ability reset and didn't take tracking again.

Wondering if anyone has any true tales of how tracking was useful to them, and I mean something more meaningful than, " I hunted a pheasant once, it slipped away from me, and I was able to use Track to locate that pheasant instead of having to 'hunt' a second time!"
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Tracking has been useful to me several times either during events or just out in the world trying to see what people are up to and 'arrange' chance meetings. I think the suggestion of having the trail end more naturally would be a great improvement.
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Tracking is probably my favorite and definitely my most use ability. With a little guess work and if possible some rumors to go on, you can learn a lot about recent goings on just be seeing where people have been, and it's a good way to meet up with people for someone like me especially, who doesn't use ESP amulets. I have tracked friends and enemies alike, I have found places I didn't know about, I have observed behavior patterns. It is not a skill that hands everything to you though, you have to be smart with it, make educated guesses, and have the patience to use it.
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

This is a good idea, sorry I haven't gotten around to adding it yet. Got it on my list now.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”