Delivery Service, for New Players

Dorn

Delivery Service, for New Players

Post by Dorn »

So. A lot of people suggest foraging for a new player to start. I did it. I know many people have. It is easy to do, requires no startup, and gets you some needed little riln that might help you set yourself up in whatever trade you intend to progress.

It is however, boring, and quite frequently sends new players away from places where they might run into, and interact with other people. It isn't terrible, but I also do wonder if it is a great introduction for people new to Clok.

So, how about, helping the local Mail deliver some minor packages? You can only do it *while* under the effects of the newbie skill bonus, and the riln rewards are small but worth the time. You could even have them stop after a certain amount of riln has been accumulated from doing them, with timers so people can't do it back to back, only so much per town, etc, lots of quantifiers possible if you want to keep down exploiters from just staying under the bonus and farming riln.

The deliveries could be to local NPCs, helping the person get to know the local town, its stores, and residents, and there could be ones which offer a little more riln that require the player going to one of the other towns to deliver an item to the post office there.

I don't know. I just think it might end up making new players get to know their towns a little better, which are infinitely more interesting places than a majority of the wilderness (THE MAJORITY, NOT ALL), be around players more often, and may give them better ideas of what to ask on ESP that other characters can help with. It might also mean, by the time they might decide what they want to do with their character in terms of progression, they might not have used up all their Newbie Skill bonus on foraging.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
ydia

Re: Delivery Service, for New Players

Post by ydia »

Love this idea!
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I'm all for this idea. There are so many benefits to doing something like this. Newbies learn where towns and hamlets are, they earn riln, start communicating with NPCs in a positive way and see them as people instead of hostiles and of course, the possibility of roleplay. They feel a part of the world more so than if they were standing in a wilderness room looking at their foraging rolls and listening to things on ESP.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

+1
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”