Cleaning Tweak

Fayne

Cleaning Tweak

Post by Fayne »

Could we get the 'clean' verb to work with simply "me" the same way 'bandage' does? I know I constantly find myself trying to use 'clean me' to wash myself off, I'm sure others do as well, and it'd be nice to have that consistency.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Kent

Re: Cleaning Tweak

Post by Kent »

Fayne wrote:Could we get the 'clean' verb to work with simply "me" the same way 'bandage' does? I know I constantly find myself trying to use 'clean me' to wash myself off, I'm sure others do as well, and it'd be nice to have that consistency.
Especially as it seems we can clean no one or nothing else except "me"... Might as well be able to just type Clean.

Or could we implement a mechanic where we can Clean Warhorse or Clean <char name> as well?
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
ydia

Post by ydia »

I agree being able to wash others would be cool, and me!
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Kent wrote:Especially as it seems we can clean no one or nothing else except "me"... Might as well be able to just type Clean.
The 'clean' command is also used in leatherworking, to clean a raw pelt before adding tanning solution to it. Still, I don't see why this would cause any problems if 'me' functionality were added.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I've been thinking about how to best implement a "Clean another person" mechanic. It's a pretty personal thing and most people wouldn't just let a random stranger walk up to them and start scrubbing the dirt/blood/whatever from their clothing.

As for "Clean me", should be easy enough to implement once I get back into the code, I am taking a break for Thanksgiving. Hope you all are having a great day so far and enjoy the rest of the week and the weekend.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

Make it like an offer... like giving something to someone?

"Tamsin offers to wash you off, you must've not noticed you're really dirty! (accept/decline)"
Kent

Post by Kent »

Jirato wrote:I've been thinking about how to best implement a "Clean another person" mechanic. It's a pretty personal thing and most people wouldn't just let a random stranger walk up to them and start scrubbing the dirt/blood/whatever from their clothing.
Well, how about just for mounts/pets, then? The other players can usually clean themselves.

For humanoids RP wise, I think the only problematic thing is for NPC's who are perma-bloody. Sure, it's weird to walk up to a stranger and clean them, but moreso for the town guard to stand there week after week bloody and gory from killing someone. I think the former would be the better of the two RP wise.

Or maybe make it a special ability of monks, as they are considered trustworthy to minister to others, strangers or not, to be able to clean <militia> or whichever npc.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Jirato wrote:I've been thinking about how to best implement a "Clean another person" mechanic. It's a pretty personal thing and most people wouldn't just let a random stranger walk up to them and start scrubbing the dirt/blood/whatever from their clothing.
Now introducing Stranger's cleaning service!
"No one knows whether death, which people fear to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good."
Plato
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Oh, I see you're rather dirty! Let me give you a hand with that. While I'm at it I'll just go ahead and snatch all of your clothing, thank you. See now you're all clean. That'll be 10 riln please.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
ydia

Post by ydia »

what tamsin said, or it could be based off rank in friend list?
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I like the offer rather than basing it on friendship status. I may be good friends with someone but it doesn't mean I want them touching me in that way.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

So Maric should give up any dreams of washing Jill then?
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I was just thinking that since some might say that splashing a horse with water doesn't help them get much cleaner, there could be another utility to those buckets people use for farming. Though that's a problem while exploring or in the middle of an event.
preiman wrote:So Maric should give up any dreams of washing Jill then?
Maric can keep his dreams and they can settle for a duel because she's nice that way.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I don't think CLEAN should be used on other people, SPLASH should.

I do wish that CLEAN worked with CLEAN ME though. I guess Mercer got around that...

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”