Woops I missed that tell

ydia

Woops I missed that tell

Post by ydia »

Is it possible to be able to go back and review a history of let's say ten last tells, chats, and question? This doesn't make sense for IC channels, but ooc channels would be nice.
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Jaster

Re: Woops I missed that tell

Post by Jaster »

I agree this could often be helpful.

I've seen a system in other games where typing "tell" without an argument would do just that: display the last 30 tells or so. Maybe 30 is too much, but ten would be a reasonable amount, I'd think. There was a similar function with the chat command, as well.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

For those that are using the soundpack for VIPMud, you have the power of buffers, provided you are using one of the supported screen-readers.

Press alt left and alt right to navigate through the buffers, and alt 1 through alt 0 to review the last ten messages placed there. Note that the buffers, at this time, don't clear on logging out and back in. So for example if you received 1 tell yesterday, when you log in today, it will still be there.

I will also make sure the readme of the pack is updated to include this. I probably forgot to origionally.
ydia

Post by ydia »

When I do alt one etc it tells me nothing is set in the buffer, and doing alts together don't seem to do anything, and if I just do an alt by itself it is the file menu.
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Liani
CLOK Patron

Post by Liani »

What screenreader are you using?
ydia

Post by ydia »

jaws
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

EAvd>
tell recent
Showing the 10 most recent tells:

[FROM Otarij (OOC)]: Blah 5
[FROM Otarij (OOC)]: Blah 6
[FROM Otarij (OOC)]: Blah 7
[FROM Otarij (OOC)]: Blah 8
[FROM Otarij (OOC)]: Blah 9
[FROM Otarij (OOC)]: Blah 10
[FROM Otarij (OOC)]: Blah 13
[FROM Otarij (OOC)]: Blah 14
[FROM Otarij (OOC)]: Blah 15
[FROM (a player) (OOC)]: Oh, sorry.
Don't ask me what happened to 11 and 12, it was scary.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

And before everyone asks, this will not be expanded to include chat, question, or esp. Sorry. Too much stuff for the server to keep track of.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Thanks, big J!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Very cool, thanks J.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Very awesome
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

What happened to 11 and 12? I want to know if I should be wary of 10 and 13.
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Well actually, I was using the list.pop() method to remove the oldest tells from the list, but I forgot to set the optional argument for the index, so it was removing the most recent tells from the list instead.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

I love this! Always wanted something similar.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Kent

Post by Kent »

ydia wrote:Is it possible to be able to go back and review a history of let's say ten last tells, chats, and question? This doesn't make sense for IC channels, but ooc channels would be nice.

Actually, for IC channels, it makes as much or even more sense as for OOC.

Often we lagout or disconnect during a say or esp discussion, our character heard what was said or esp'd, but it never made it to the player's screen.
Last edited by Kent on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
ydia

Post by ydia »

Thanks Jirato!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”