help your colleagues out

ydia

help your colleagues out

Post by ydia »

I think it would be awesome if guilds had donation crates like the city have, that could help out your fellow colleagues.
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Slaidh

Re: help your colleagues out

Post by Slaidh »

And for Dwaedn Wyr, we need a sparring ring!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I'm on the fence about this idea.

Some guilds have board posts and it's nice to be able to gain opportunities to roleplay by smply posting that you are looking for something and someone else comes through and you get to talking and doing things together.

On the other hand, sometimes people aren't around.

The only thing I would object to using donation crates for are the expensive items like study books and such.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
ydia

Post by ydia »

I totally understand the book part.
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

It really depends on the guild and their individual guru.

As for my guilds:

The Tse Gaiyan guilds already have this.

Haiban is basically the home of the Western Coalition, and they already have a donation crate for their town.

The Elemancers have a board, which I believe is sufficient for the reasons already stated here (Just post that you're looking for something!)

The Claw of Shar, if it did exist, is far too eeeeviil for stuff like this. Cold hearted killers for hire... SHARING! Yeah, no.

I can't really see it for Brotherhood of the Fist or Mummers either, not because they're horrible people who don't want to share, but it just doesn't feel right. For the mummers, their camp is so open and insecure, putting any donation goods out there would basically be like leaving it out in the wilderness. For Brofist, Arlen likes keeping the tavern and training area kinda simple. Though he may be persuaded if his students ask him.

I can definitely see something like this for the Church, or at least a board if they don't have one already, I'll have to check.

The other small handful of guilds I guru only have 1 active member each, so... yeah.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
ydia

Post by ydia »

I'd really like it for the church. We have a board, but it looks like it is never used, and with so few of us a crate would be neat to leave extra herbs, clothing, or templars armor maybe. that way if you are need and no one is around you can check the crate to see if someone dropped their extra in there.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

No thanks on the brofist front. I can't think of a single commonly available item that brofists need that would even be worth sharing.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Acarin wrote:No thanks on the brofist front. I can't think of a single commonly available item that brofists need that would even be worth sharing.
Bandages?
The lore compels me!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

What, and hide those beautifully smashed faces and broken fingers? Psh, come on.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Rias wrote:
Acarin wrote:No thanks on the brofist front. I can't think of a single commonly available item that brofists need that would even be worth sharing.
Bandages?
For 2 riln each, I'm not sure that this would be worth it. There's an infirmary in the retreat that sells them and they also offer free healing to members. Poultices would be great in a crate, but I don't know of any brofists that make them so it's unlikely that they'd be donated. They're certainly not needed. Brofist is a VERY item-light guild.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

It was supposed to be (but probably wasn't) funny.
The lore compels me!
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

I think that keeping the crap (sinew, branches, raw meat) out of town crates would make them more helpful, too.

I know those items aren't crap persay, but they're deffinetly not items if eel need going into a crate. so there is that.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

I tend to agree, but at the same time don't think it's worth starting that old argument again.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I think we should be putting more crap (manure) in there, if not for the fun factor alone.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I think some kind of filter being put on the town crates would be nice. I see a lot of canvas clothing with bad adjectives at times, things people have made that are below-average or horrible quality, crappy mob weapons that someone tried to sell at the pawnshop but couldn't, and so on. I mean, there's a fine line between useful and junk, and some things pass that line really easily, and now that transfer no longer works on donation crates, it's a pain to pick out all the junk and throw it away.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”