My Voice From The Grave

jilliana

My Voice From The Grave

Post by jilliana »

I would like to suggest a method in which one would know that another PC has a preference, or lack thereof as to how they would like to be raised.

I was thinking along the lines of a piece of jewelry like a pendent, though there could be several options just as long as the material or the look is the same.

These aren't affiliations but a way in which to tell if a PC prefers to be raised by a rook or monk. This doesn't mean that a PC is tainted if they want to be raised via rook, but could simply have another more personal reason for not wanting to be raised via soul beacon. Or maybe a rook may not like to be raised by an NPC of their guild but prefers to be raised in a church for some reason.

Here is what I was thinking as far as items and materials:
Items- Pendent, ring, bracelet (a variety because some things can't be worn with armor)
Materials-
Rook only: Copper
Beacon only: Iron
Neutral: Not wear anything at all or of some time of non-ferrous material

I know right now there is what seems to be a bug in which a person can't see what something looks like, particularly what it is wearing when dead. I'm hoping there is some kind of workaround so that my suggestion might be implemented in some form.

What do you all think?
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Rias
DEV

Re: My Voice From The Grave

Post by Rias »

Thumbs up for coming up with your own method of communicating this. What about employing PC jewelrycrafters? They can add precious stones to jewelry they make, can't they? So like ...

Rook only: Bronze set with onyx.
Monk only: Iron set with topaz.

That could help add at least a teensy bit to the player economy and help the jewelrycrafters feel useful.
The lore compels me!
ydia

Post by ydia »

I love this idea. :d
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Liani
CLOK Patron

Post by Liani »

Yeah! Me too!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Oh yes! This is one thing I did forget to add! :)

I did think about PC-made jewelry, but strides would have to be made so that the system becomes universal. It'll be fun and interesting trying to figure it all out if people prefer it become a PC marketed thing.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Is jewelrycrafting somehow restricted or limited to only certain people?
The lore compels me!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Rias wrote:Is jewelrycrafting somehow restricted or limited to only certain people?
Last I heard, it wasn't.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

jilliana wrote:I did think about PC-made jewelry, but strides would have to be made so that the system becomes universal.
Hmmm, what did you mean by this? I think I misunderstood.
The lore compels me!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Rias wrote:
jilliana wrote:I did think about PC-made jewelry, but strides would have to be made so that the system becomes universal.
Hmmm, what did you mean by this? I think I misunderstood.
One person might say that they want the rook-only raising piece of jewelry to be made of copper with a quartz stone, and another person would say that they want topaz instead of quartz. If there isn't a universal "look" for people to know, it'd just be another piece of jewelry on a dead corpse.

I'm thinking since it'd be nice to have a PC market of some kind, an NPC could initiate it in a store, but make the stuff look exactly like what a PC can make.

It's not a great idea, but the NPC could sell for a temporary time and then the PCs take it from there.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I think it could catch on just fine being PC-initiated. The single/double/triple pulse thing for rescues did! Just make some posts here on the BBS as well as on town boards, talk to people about it when the subject comes up, etc.
The lore compels me!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I'll think of something and arrange things IG. :)

Can anything be done about that looking at corpses and not seeing what they are wearing bug?
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I think players could adapt to this pretty easily considering they picked up on the pulsing idea fairly well. Good idea for this Jilliana.
Vaylon

Post by Vaylon »

It's a good idea, but, as you pointed out, there's just one problem: we don't see what dead PCs are wearing. I don't know if that's intentional or due to a bug. I can't see the jewelry being useful if that bug isn't addressed.
"I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy." - The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Yeah, that bug is gonna kill this effort quickly.

That being said, I think not only should material be specified, but jewelry type as well. That way whenever the bug is fixed and we can do this you don't have to search through their entire wardrobe for a piece of jewelry. Earrings and earcuffs would work well, since they aren't hidden by other items of clothing or armor, they can be worn along with anything else, and everyone generally has at least one ear slot open. Plus it'd be close to the very top of what they are wearing, so no searching. And maybe have two choices of materials, one cheap and one expensive, so broke characters can still afford them, but rich and uppity characters don't have to wear cheap materials. Say, copper with obsidian for cheaper Rook revival, and cobalt with onyx for the expensive option. Soul beacon could be iron with turquoise, or silver with sapphire. If you have no preference, don't wear anything on your ears, or wear anything else.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Rias wrote:Is jewelrycrafting somehow restricted or limited to only certain people?
Well, are molds necessary to make jewellry, and if so, can non-Artisans purchase them?
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”