Character RP ideas.

Jaren

Character RP ideas.

Post by Jaren »

I was thinking of a couple of new ways to add some color to a character.

One way is to be able to determine the way your character speaks. (SAY command) As of now the only way you can do that is with the helmet/hat/hood you are wearing. But what if we could make a custom GM approved version. For example...

Jaren - Original

'I like tacos.

You say, your voice muffled by your shadowy black hood,
"I like tacos."
Jaren - Custom

'I like tacos.

You say, speaking through a nearby minion with an echoed voice,
"I like tacos."

NOW lets pick on someone else =)

Lacie - Custom

'I like tacos.

You say, with a high pitched, cute, feminine voice,
"I like tacos."
Alexander - Custom

'I like tacos.

You say, with a bold, powerful, deep voice,
"I like tacos."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other idea I had is what if you could tell what someone was doing in a room. Kinda like a custom EMOTE but a static one placed next to your name. (besides sitting, winded or wounded) This EMOTE would clear as soon as you leave the room.

Original

[Redrock Canyon]
(OutCyRk)
This section of the canyon is a particularly deep red, the rough clay floor devoid of any plantlife.

The area is mostly quiet.
You also notice a thick stone-reinforced wooden gate spanning the width of the canyon (closed) and a large sign.

Also here: Jaster (winded)
Obvious paths: northeast.
Custom

[Redrock Canyon]
(OutCyRk)
This section of the canyon is a particularly deep red, the rough clay floor devoid of any plantlife.

The area is mostly quiet.
You also notice a thick stone-reinforced wooden gate spanning the width of the canyon (closed) and a large sign.

Also here: Jaster (completely drunk leaning against the wall, winded)
Obvious paths: northeast.

Thoughts, questions, jokes?
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"
Winston Zeddmore
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

With the voices, that's something that'd be pretty neat. They had different "tones" you could speak with in a game that, shoot, all of us GMs used to play, and it was a pretty big hit. There could be a list of common ones players could use, and then players could get some custom ones approved by GMs as mentioned.

The look-emote thing could be neat too, although there would probably have to be a length limit, to prevent stuff from becoming too cluttered (imagine a room full of people with long look-emotes, on top of wounds/fatigue/obvious effects).
The lore compels me!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I deny that ever happening! But I like your ideas. :D

P.S. I never get winded.
Last edited by Jaster on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

set voice whatever.Any three words.Like set voice high melodic "person" says "whatever" in a high melodic voice or "person" says in a high melodic voice "whatever"

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”