Sunsetting

Sneaky

Sunsetting

Post by Sneaky »

I know more than a few players have felt the need to retire their characters for one reason or another. However, for most of us, the thought of starting over from complete 0 is just too daunting, and feels, to me at least, like a punishment. On the Skype call yesterday, Rias had mentioned such a feature called Sunsetting that had been discussed in the past. So, this is what I'll refer to the feature as. I will outline the different steps below.
step 1: Sunsetting.
sunsetting a character would simply require the player to finish any rp they have, Then alerting the gms to the fact that they wish to retire their character. Once it is acknowledged, the character will then be removed permanently, and the skills for that character will be compound into categorical skill pools which will be linked to the player's account.
step 2: recreating.
The next step would require the player to create a new character as if they were creating an alt. It would have to be a new character, no existing alts should benefit from sunsetting.
step 3: Assignment.
The next step would be the assignment of points. This can be handled several ways I'm sure, but these are the two that come to mind.
1: Allow the player to direct input where their skillpoints should go. It has more potential to be abused, but is far more convenient.
2: Give players increased skill gains that reflect the skill pool they are drawing from. So learning woodworking would draw from the professions skill pool, and act like an RPA, except hopefully faster.
step 4: Enjoy.
After all of these steps have been completed, all that is left is to go about your business and enjoy playing a new character.
Some regulations:
1. Each category has a skill pool associated with it. The points from one skill pool can not be used in another category's skills. I.E. Profession skill pool can not help dodge.
2. You can not have a skill that is higher than the previous character's highest skill in that category was. I.E. If you had 1000 skill points in every mancy, you can not use your new points to raise any one magic above 1000.
3. Sunsetting multiple characters should not stack points.
The below shows what each skill's ratio might be in contributing to the skill pool for each category based on the difficulty, time, and effort required to increase them.
Climbing 1/10
Perception 1/1
Riding 1/2
Stealth 1/1
Swimming n/a
----- SURVIVAL SKILLS -----
Cooking 1/2
Firekindling 1/4
First Aid .............................. 1/2
Herbalism 1/1
Trapping 1/10
----- COMBAT SKILLS -----