Tambourines

Xanthe

Tambourines

Post by Xanthe »

Yeah so. Do we have tambourines?
I see no tambourines.
Just imagine the hip smackin' musical jingle jangle. It'd be great for multiple performers- as well as solo performances.

/end idea
Vertebrate

Re: Tambourines

Post by Vertebrate »

No. Just no.

Edit: unless they can be used as weapons
Dactor
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

+1 for tambourines!
The lore compels me!
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

I'd love to see them, more instruments are always a good
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

In what I hope is not too great a departure from the original intent of this thread, I should just like to say that I have yet to see any sort of organized musical performance involving more than a solo musician, and would be interested in seeing what someone might come up with in that vein. A practiced and timed performance involving multiple musicians with instruments, singing, and perhaps even some dance, could be quite the experience, and as of yet unprecedented, as far as I am aware. I may have Alexander attempt to organize something in-character; he does miss many of the aspects of culture and arts that he left behind in blessed Ivial.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

I did this with Gad at Elisabeth and Boriguard's wedding and it was a lot of fun! I'd like to do this again, especially now Akila is pretty good with a variety of instruments now and has the reputation as a singer.

(Quick edit: I agree with Dactor, no. Just.. no tambourines ;_;)
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

quick point, if you don't like them, don't play them, they don't hurt you by their existence. It's not like there is some lore reason why we wouldn't have them, or at least something like them. Though i will say it would make sense to me if they were a bit more limited in what they could play.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I thought they were being sarcastic. Am I just really bad at interpretting tone of text?

Anyway, I gotta kinda agree with preiman here, tambourines (and any percussion instrument, really) aren't known for their variety of styles they can be played in. They would make great background instruments if anyone ever played a song with more than one person, but really your only options for playing anything you strike are gonna be fast, slow, loud, and soft. Maybe marching, depending on the instrument. But I doubt anyone could classify the sound a tambourine makes as "sad" or "wandering" since they play one note and one note only.

Now, if we want a percussion instrument with some personality, I'm gonna say we gotta get ourselves some bongos. We've got a cafe that serves tea and coffee, and a few creative players, all we're missing is bongos and a small raised platform before we can have CLOK Poetry Night.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”