Little Things That Speak To Realism

Brenna

Little Things That Speak To Realism

Post by Brenna »

Before I begin with my suggestions, simply allow me to say that I am aware that some suspension of disbelief is necessary in a game. After all, traveling leagues that would take days in fifteen minutes is a good example. It's a game, so I get that part.

By the same token, the best part of this game, the part that really drew me in aside from the enforced roleplaying was and is the realism of it. Round time while moving, especially in the wilderness, hunger, flavor messages for food, mounts, carts, wagons, all the things people may consider little, I absolutely adore.

And so I have some suggestions that are not really important, but that I feel may add some fun realism to the game, and perhaps realism that could enhance roleplay at times.

1. Drinking. I think that we should get thirsty as well as hungry. Some people may complain about that, feeling that hunger is enough to deal with, but perhaps it is not as frequent as hunger? But I like the idea of the canteen being needed, especially in the wilderness. Or better yet, to cut down on the carrying, give players the option to drink from rivers as well.
“You kneel beside the river, cupping some water in your hands and taking a long, refreshing drink.”
Or something like that.
2. Wagon riding. Okay, so say a group of people meet up in Shadgard rather unexpectedly and decide, hey! Let’s head over to the café in Haiban. But say everyone wants to travel together for the rp of it. Of course, they could all walk or turn into the café cavalry, but I had another suggestion. Perhaps wagons can be made to carry people too. The normal wagons, or maybe newly made wagons or carts. And, to prevent abuse, you know, someone getting into someone else’s wagon without permission and refusing to leave, perhaps the owner of that wagon or cart must ask those he or she wishes to transport if they wish for a ride.
“Brennaleigh offers to help you into a sturdy pine wagon. Accept or decline her offer?”
And when it’s time to get out, maybe something like, type eject wagon, and the players get a message along the lines of, “The wagon comes to a stop, and you disembark.”
Again, these messages are just suggestions, of course. It’s not my goal to write your game.
3. More respectful methods of transporting corpses. To my knowledge, the only way of transporting corpses is to drag them? That’s kind of funny, but realistically, in my mind, I sort of facepalm and go, OMG! That’s so wrong. While I’m grinning like an idiot, of course. Maybe just for fun, or for those who wish to utilize such a thing, wagons can be used to transport corpses. They can be heaved in, brought to a temple and heaved out. “You heave the corpse of Brennaleigh into a sturdy pine wagon.” And on the heave out, “You carefully heave the corpse of Brennaleigh onto the ground.” I’m really not sure if there’s a nice way to say, you heaved the corpse. Or you could, of course, make it totally obnoxious and just say, “You heave the corpse of Brennaleigh out of a pine wagon and watch as it tumbles unceremoniously to the ground.” Or something like that. XD :)D
4. Perhaps one day in the long run, since the coding is probably incredibly hard, we can have the option to feed our horses. Not a necessity, but perhaps we can type “feed horse”, and if we have an apple, it eats the apple, or if we have a bucket of feed, same, or if we’re in the wilderness, it eats grass. Just a thought. Horses are awesome.
5. Watering horses. Same idea. Near a barrel of water? Type “horse drink” since drink horse just makes me laugh, so I can’t even seriously type it, and the horse will drink out of the barrel or a river if you’re near it.
6. I’m going to touch on this only briefly here, since it probably belongs in carpentry, but perhaps more items to build like benches, feeding troughs if that’s implemented, dollhouses or things such as that for the simple beauty of it, etc, or the ability to customize things you build with paints or stains or even custom descriptions of artistry? Nothing huge that would not fit, simply a custom design on the furniture if requested. I am very new here, so perhaps some of that is possible and I simply do not know it yet.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now! Thanks for reading.
Kunren

Re: Little Things That Speak To Realism

Post by Kunren »

Few things. You can drink from rivers if I'm not mistaken, or at least pools of water in places. and corpses can be carried in wagons en masse as well. Tots agree on everything else! especially wagon riding (and driving! Carriages ftw). Needing to drink and getting thirsty would def add more realism, but it's a bit scary to think about needing to remember.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Brenna

Post by Brenna »

Kunren wrote:Few things. You can drink from rivers if I'm not mistaken, or at least pools of water in places. and corpses can be carried in wagons en masse as well. Tots agree on everything else! especially wagon riding (and driving! Carriages ftw). Needing to drink and getting thirsty would def add more realism, but it's a bit scary to think about needing to remember.
Oh, that's right! You can drink from rivers. Hello, Brenna, get with the game. I suppose I just meant the having to drink then. Haha.

And I did not know that about wagons. See? I learn new things every day. Thank you!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

You may also buy and carry a canteen that you can fill at a number of potable water sources, or with an ordered drink at numerous establishments around the Lost Lands. So drinking is very much a thing, just not a hard mechanical requirement.

Love the feedback/suggestions, keep them coming.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Fog

Post by Fog »

I'd like to see a 'remember' system, where we can remember people. Having to manually remember, from an OOC perspective, the name of a PC and whether you've met them or not can be difficult at times.

EDIT: Clarification, since introduction/greet system was denied and I wanted to make it clear that I have a hard time with names!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

You can add them as an acquaintance view the friend command. You can then reference your friends list to help you remember if you've met them before or not. If you get to know them well, you can promote them with the friends promote command, if you have a falling out, you can demote them with the friends demote command.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”