A salty sea-dog's slew of suggestions

Orris

A salty sea-dog's slew of suggestions

Post by Orris »

Here are some selfish requests and suggetsions. I know staff are very busy and hard workers, these are just requests and hopefully some of them are easy enough to not require a lot of work and could be added easily. If not, don't worry about it!

1) More places to swim in the ocean! Places with large areas to swim around in. I like the hidden cove but it's very small, just one room to swim in. Maybe some shoals you could swim around between or a larger bay to swim around in. I want to play in the ocean!

2) Swimming underwater! You can only stay under so long before needing to go up for breath. People with more skill can stay underwater longer. Special places only some people can get to because you need to hold your breath long enough to swim through a long tunnel, or something.

3) Let us dive for clams and oysters. Yum!

4) Somewhere to sell things way out west. I love the cliffs area and I can stable my horse and rent a room at Brawler's Retreat which isn't that far away, but if I ever want to sell the skins or meat I get, I have to bring them all the way back to Haiban. I would love to be able to make just enough to pay for my room and infirmary fees without having to keep going back to Haiban to sell things constantly. What about just a guy who hangs out at Brawler's Retreat that we can sell crab legs, animal meat, and fish to? They have to get their ingredients for the food they sell there! And we could sell herbs at the Brawler's Retreat infirmary like you can do at other infirmaries.

5) Let naval dirks skin things and cut strips and fillets.

6) Let us descale fish.

7) Let us eat fish raw! We aren't producing and dumping as many pollutants in the CLOK ocean as we are in the real world so there should be fewer contaminant risks. Make it less effective than when you cook them though.

8) Ocean fishing! Right now I can fish at any river but not at the coast.

9) Have things wash up on the beach from time to time. Mats of seaweed that can be cooked and eaten, driftwood that can be used for campfires, very rarely a waterlogged chest or something, random messages in bottles, and anything else really. (Willing to help with more ideas!)

10) When you forage for firewood at the beach make it show up as driftwood instead of deadwood if you aren't in a forest.

11) A PRAY verb that works the same as THINK.

12) If there is a skillet on the ground and you cut fillets or meat into strips, put them into the skillet instead of on the ground.

13) Make bigger fish cut into larger amounts of fillets.

14) Make the wind messages at the coast different, including things like the smell of the sea and light sea-spray. (Willing to help!)

15) Add sea-glass to things that can be beachcombed if it isn't already. (I've never found any)

That's it for now!
While planning a trip to the haunted galleon with a bunch of people on ESP...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: what are the nether called on that pirate ship again?
[TO Vinz (OOC)]: I'm scared to tell you...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: DO-IT >:)
Lysse

Re: A salty sea-dog's slew of suggestions

Post by Lysse »

It'd be pretty neat if you could actually dig for clams in certain rooms on the coast. Maybe with a decently heavy RT, to make diving for clams an equally if not better option if one has a high enough swimming skill to dive for them successfully.

Also! Driftwood for campfires should make the fire burn green, and have a decent chance to put off a temporary toxic cloud into the room.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”