Generalized tactics additions

Sneaky

Generalized tactics additions

Post by Sneaky »

This board is for posting ideas for new tactics or adding to existing tactics.
To start, I know this may be a little OP as a tactic, but it's still possible to do it anyway, and I think it'd only really be effective against one or two enemies.
A tactic that automaticly hides you whenever you're out of melee range of your enemy, but doesn't break the battle command, so you hide and then spring from hiding to attack.
Like I said before it may be OP when you first think about it, but it still requires you to break melee engagement, then successfully hide from however many enemies are in the room. It's really hard to break melee with more than a few enemies so it'd still be possible to just keep someone or something from doing this. It's already possible to do it manually, so why not just make it a tactic? Tactic stealth GO!
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Jirato
DEV

Re: Generalized tactics additions

Post by Jirato »

You are correct in that it's OP. We had something similar to this before and removed it. It's pretty much just an instant win for people that have it. And it is the most frustrating thing in the world to be on the receiving end of it.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Oh no! Shadow strike is not coming back? Oh well. Time to move on.... after this:

I would like to see a version of this with a huge energy drain for a single rehide after an attack. Maybe use 20 - 30 energy to attempt to attack and rehide once. Sometimes all it takes is a huge energy cost to balance things out.

For those who get frustrated, train perception... it's your defense against stealth attacks. I think it's equally frustrating for stealth characters when we can't hide effectively from someone. Just stating the other side of things.

I don't think shadow strike was an instant win by any means. It was certainly great for training stealth though.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Shadow strike was.... DAH BOMMB! But yea, why not bring it back with an extended timer to reduce its usability. Basically, a one-time shadow strike in any given combat encounter, if you will.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

I wasn't asking for an ability like shadowstrike.
I'm just asking for a tactic that basicly plays out like this.
You're hiding, infested joe walks in and you type battle while in this tactic.
I leap out and attack infested joe, infested joe reacts accordingly, possibly exploding a pus filled blister on his back at me. Then once my rt from combat is up I automaticly position avoid, the checks are made to see if I can break engagement or not, and if successful I get a stealth roll vs their perception roll to rehide. If that is successful, after my rt from hiding and position avoid is over I would just attack again, and the process would repeat. If I fail the stealth roll, then I'm automaticly forced out of hiding by infested joe, which causes a cool down of I believe 15 or 20 seconds before I can attempt to rehide again. One other thing to take note of is that hiding plus the position avoid rt would leave the target enough time to search at least twice in most cases.
I'd like it to be noted that the only benefit from being in this tactic and from typing out the commands manually is that positioning yourself to avoid attacks would also attempt you to hide if it's successful, this is similar to the way ranged attacks with the bow work, that is you break engagement and then you fire your bow, and then the rt from those two actions are calculated and placed on the player after the shot is fired. I believe that this tactic would not be OP, merely the way a stealth player would choose to participate in battles normally, and it is the way I fight in battles as a player as well, I just have to use attack, pos avoid, and hide typed out manually.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

For another generalized tactic addition: Tactics Guardian synergy. When relying on more than one guardian for the group, the strain is less, and by relying on others your block rolls could be boosted. more people with using tactics guardian in a group, the higher the rolls.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

This isn't really extremely related to additions, but it does make some sense to put it here. In regards to tactics (current and those to come) would it be possible for their descriptions to state whether they are offensive/defensive or lack of either? I say this only because there are a number of abilities that will only work in Tactics: None. That is, unless I am to just assume that if there is another Tactic then it's intended for said abilities to be unable to be used, regardless of if they might seem offensive/defensive.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”