Stealth Nerfs :(

Lacie

Stealth Nerfs :(

Post by Lacie »

When you notice someone sneaking in a direction, you should be able to see them (hiding) in the next room if you peer in that direction or follow.
Collins glances at a slimy big-lipped collinsfish.
Collins says, "Really..."
A slimy big-lipped collinsfish's mouth and gills gasp desperately for water as it lies helpless on the ground.
Speaking to a slimy big-lipped collinsfish, Collins says, "Go away."
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Why?They have found a new different hiding place.
Landion

Post by Landion »

I agree with Lacie on this.

Ifyou watched them sneak into the next room, you would be able to watch where they hid in the next room. As of right now, if you search and find someone, all they have to do is sneak any direction while the searcher is still stuck in Roundtime. The searcher then has to follow them that direction and try to search again.

Logically, once you spotted someone, you'd see them sneaking away and if the bordering room is close enough you would be able to watch them hide. (You can peer that direction so why wouldn't you be able to watch them hide?)

Perhaps 'peer' should be disabled in wilderness areas as well as this idea as those are supposed to be much larger areas?
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

hmph.If you find someone in one room and see them sneaking of does not mean that while you are briefly not paying
attention they cannot hide somewhere else although this would require great stealth say 2 or 300
Landion

Post by Landion »

I do see your point, and think there could reasonably be another perception vs. stealth check in this situation at a slight penalty to perception due to the distance.

This way someone who is very perceptive would be better at following the hider than someone who just managed to get lucky and spot the hider once.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Having an extra stealth vs. perception check sounds like a good compromise. I don't agree that wilderness should be exempt though. :D
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

I do.It means larger areas are crossed between and in rooms.There are more hiding places therefore one could not peer accurately to the north say without a telescope(Hint).And then the syntax would be gaze direction or scout direction.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

That also give an unfair advantage to, say, a ranger hiding in the wilderness vs an agent or thief hiding in an urban area.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Landion

Post by Landion »

Not necessarily.

Neither the ranger,agent or thief would be able to be seen sneaking to another area when in the wilderness. Thus they all have an advantage in the wilderness areas.

To me this makes sense. These are larger areas with much more to hide in/behind, etc. Those areas are supposed to be miles apart. I do like the spyglass idea for sure.

Agents and thieves would have stealth bonuses in urban areas, rangers have bonuses in wilderness areas, but also in explorable areas outside of town that aren't 'wilderness'. Like the graveyard forest for example.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”