too heavy: hats, moccasins, candles

Kent

too heavy: hats, moccasins, candles

Post by Kent »

Hats weigh currently one pound, it seems like 0.4 pounds would be more realistic, with 0.8 being the exception for the hard mining hat.

That extra sleek footwear, the moccasin, is a burden at 2 pounds. In reality it should weigh about 0.4 pounds as well. I think slippers are similarly overloaded as well.

Candles clock in at 0.5 pounds...doesn't 0.2 sound more like it?
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jirato

Re: too heavy: hats, moccasins, candles

Post by Jirato »

Would appreciate some more detailed info such as "The (full item name) sold at (shop name, town/hamlet name) weighs (how much)."

Leatherworking weights has been on our list for a very long time now. Mostly an issue with raw material consumption. We've had an idea on how to address this but I'm not sure if it was ever fully implemented or not.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kent

Post by Kent »

That's just it, Jirato, *every* hat sold practically *anywhere* weighs 1 pound. Every hat, fedora, hood, or tricorn coming out of a lockbox or a thief task weighs one pound. (I think perhaps only some wool knit hats sold as seasonal wear in some hamlets like Keth weighed less.)

To sum up: Haiban has 2 shops where clothing hats are found, plus one place selling hard hats;
Ashdell has 2 stores selling hats;
The Guild of Thieves sells hats in Shad and Corvus at least;
hats, hoods, tricorns, and fedoras from strongboxes;
The headwear some races are born with, like Parren and Gigan;

(I think the clothier in Shadgard forgot to bring in his line of Western hats;
I don't think Corvus has hats anywhere for sale either. Am I missing any shop? None in Mistral either?)

Moccasins are sold in Mistral in Sheri's Footwear, and come out of lockboxes and perhaps thief tasks...all weighing 2 pounds.

I think all candles sold out of all general stores everywhere weigh 0.5 pounds.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

You can track the progress of this request here: https://trello.com/c/Rkh3HCjh

Right now it is in planning, meaning additional investigation is required before we get to any code work. I'll need to generate a clearly labeled and defined list showing exactly what each item is, exactly where they are bought, and exactly how much they weigh to present to the GM team for discussion on how we feel the weights should be tweaked.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”