several things that should really have in clok

artus

several things that should really have in clok

Post by artus »

From my personal expirience with helping a newcomer around these days, several things came to my mind. What about making a everything all at once topic that covers little things not worth making topic for, or at least a collection of that bunch you want to add to clok. Well, as a first post, my bunch of suggestions are :

1. What about typing "fish" one word instead of "gulper, salmon, carp," and so on? Let it tanspher everything with "fish" types from place to place already. I got it from the whining of someone yesterday. He said it was annoying to transpher one type at a time like that. Well, I have no problem with this thing, though I find it annoying sometimes as well.

2. Locksmiths should...for whatever sake and mercy, leave a piece of precious thing in the box to cheer us up. I frounded many times when last the locksmith took away an emerald, a copper bar, an azurite, without leaving any bit for me. Lockpickers are better, but sometimes those are just too heavy to carry around waiting for pckers. I have no problem with it still, just saying. I see something like the traplock on bbs, might go check it out after.

3. Instead of "butcher turkey, skin fox, drag skunk", what about putting just one simple word, "corpse"? Sometimes it's a little bit crappy to go look at the output screen and see what exactly is the corpse, especially for newcomers. I got this problem from someone I helped lately.

4. This feature seems to be the least important one in the bunch for me. It's about the numbers. Instead of putting "second, third" nd so on, for those who...well, not to say but not really good at English but still want to play, what about doing like some muds, "get 2.corpse, kill 3.carrier"?

Looks like it's just about everything for my bunch today. Thank you in advance.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Kunren

Re: several things that should really have in clok

Post by Kunren »

Mmm all features from other MUDs ive played myself, they were a bit different to get used to here but whatevs. I don't mind how it is now, but I'm sure some people would feel more comfortable(especially people coming from MUDs that used similar things to your suggestions).
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Selene

Post by Selene »

artus wrote: 4. This feature seems to be the least important one in the bunch for me. It's about the numbers. Instead of putting "second, third" nd so on, for those who...well, not to say but not really good at English but still want to play, what about doing like some muds, "get 2.corpse, kill 3.carrier"?
Try putting a number after the noun, like get stick 3 or wear sheath 2.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

artus wrote:4. This feature seems to be the least important one in the bunch for me. It's about the numbers. Instead of putting "second, third" nd so on, for those who...well, not to say but not really good at English but still want to play, what about doing like some muds, "get 2.corpse, kill 3.carrier"?
You can do that already. No period though. Just a space like "target 2 carrier" or whatever.

As for the suggestions 1 and 3, our item system is heavily noun-based. There's no existing support for that type of system and to add it at this point would involve re-writing a bunch of item finding and targeting code. Not to say it's not going to ever happen, but it's a major overhaul and at present not a high priority.

When it comes to NPC Locksmith's that's Rias' area. I'm pretty sure it's intentionally left like that to encourage people to locate PC locksmiths to open your boxes though.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Barius

Post by Barius »

artus wrote: 2. Locksmiths should...for whatever sake and mercy, leave a piece of precious thing in the box to cheer us up. I frounded many times when last the locksmith took away an emerald, a copper bar, an azurite, without leaving any bit for me. Lockpickers are better, but sometimes those are just too heavy to carry around waiting for pckers. I have no problem with it still, just saying. I see something like the traplock on bbs, might go check it out after.
I used to be a big advocate on how unfair the NPC locksmiths are. I still kind of am, because they really take far too much from each box and tbh I can't see "real" inhabitants of the Lost Lands using this service because it's such a heavy loss. With that in mind I'm not sure how these NPCs afford shop upkeep and all the expenses it implies.

However, when you start getting higher value boxes and there's more in them besides metal, gems, and riln, you can still profit OK from them because the NPCs don't take unique items. So it's not quite as terrible as it could be. It's just not great.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

"real inhabitants of the lost lands" wouldn't be taking random locked chests to the locksmiths to have them unlock and give all the treasure inside. People don't go out and rummage through long-abandoned dens of infestation to scavenge for loot then take it back to town to have the locksmith open it for you. More than likely, it'd be simple mundane stuff like "Can you copy this key to my home?" or "Help, I locked myself out of my shop!".

Don't forget, y'all are undying. You're the exception not the norm. And most normal inhabitants of the towns, if not flat out afraid of you, are either extremely wary of you or just think you're a bunch of over-eccentric goofs.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Barius

Post by Barius »

Jirato wrote:"real inhabitants of the lost lands" wouldn't be taking random locked chests to the locksmiths to have them unlock and give all the treasure inside. People don't go out and rummage through long-abandoned dens of infestation to scavenge for loot then take it back to town to have the locksmith open it for you. More than likely, it'd be simple mundane stuff like "Can you copy this key to my home?" or "Help, I locked myself out of my shop!".

Don't forget, y'all are undying. You're the exception not the norm. And most normal inhabitants of the towns, if not flat out afraid of you, are either extremely wary of you or just think you're a bunch of over-eccentric goofs.

Maybe we should go into the keymaking business instead then. They appear to make a hefty sum of money.
artus

Post by artus »

Oh, fine for the suggestion 1 and 3 then, it's not a major problem for me afterall. I just ave to make him use to it.

Wow, key making is rather interesting, hah. Though I suggest making it quite expensive for locksmith pcs to have their job still. I love the idea of lockpicking, really. Too bad Udemi like me can't do it.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

artus wrote:Too bad Udemi like me can't do it.
Befriend a Utasa and you might.
artus

Post by artus »

I already did.:)

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”