mercy

preiman
CLOK Patron

mercy

Post by preiman »

So here’s my thought, it’d be nice to have an option that would stop us attacking when an opponent loses consciousness, they effectively would stop reading as hostile, and as such our character would move on to the next target while battling. We’d still of course be able to decide to attack the target again and finish them off, but that would be a choice, not just something that happens, because we hit the battle command or got caught up in those crazy huge group combats.
The way I see it, for some of us, an unconscious enemy amounts to the same thing as a dead one, that is we’ve defeated them, and can move on in the battle to the next threat, or decide what to do with the person we’ve just dropped.

The reason I propose this as an option, is because for some, they would make a point of finishing something off before moving on, others would not bother, and it’d be nice to get a little mechanical assistance to stay in character when things go off the rails.

I’d like to add just one more thing, it’d also be helpful during sparing matches, keep us from getting a little carried away and having those always difficult to explain accidents.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Kiyaani

Re: mercy

Post by Kiyaani »

I dig it.
Adaria

Post by Adaria »

Oh, I completely thumbs up this idea since I have seen a few of these deaths myself. It makes a lot of sense and it does make sense for sparring matches too, because that does happen sometimes.
[[Althea (lying down, pie-splattered, haloed by light, calm, asleep, mesmerized)]]

Maric says, "The worrying thing, is that this cave seems to be safe, haven't seen anything in here."
a fallen dreadnaught arrives via a crack, armor clanking.
Maric says, "I shouldn't speak."

[CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: Evil is such a wonderful word. It defies "i" before "e", it defies goodness and when spelled backwards it defies death.
Alicia

Post by Alicia »

I dig it

However a sparring match between allies should never be 'battle', you should be doing manual commands to AVOID killing your friend XD
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Alicia wrote:I dig it

However a sparring match between allies should never be 'battle', you should be doing manual commands to AVOID killing your friend XD
We live life on the edge. Battle's where it's at!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I'm all for this. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Barius

Post by Barius »

Excellent idea.
Ahelis

Post by Ahelis »

Beautiful idea!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Implementing this idea would be a good step forward in environmental RP, it's quite a good idea.

Let me also propose a collorary idea that makes a lot of sense : When fighting certain designated mobs, when you hit the ground unconscious, they have a 50% chance per combat round of leaving you there and walking away. Prime examples would be herbivores and human NPCs of a more peaceful bent.

Example : A player looses a fight with a deer, when the player hits the ground senseless, each combat round thereafter, the deer has an even chance of delivering another shot for good measure, or realizing it has won and walking off.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Those deer grew up in gang territory. You don't even wanna know all the crap those deer have seen. It would keep you up at night. Those deer are hardcore, man.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Kent wrote:Implementing this idea would be a good step forward in environmental RP, it's quite a good idea.

Let me also propose a collorary idea that makes a lot of sense : When fighting certain designated mobs, when you hit the ground unconscious, they have a 50% chance per combat round of leaving you there and walking away. Prime examples would be herbivores and human NPCs of a more peaceful bent.

Example : A player looses a fight with a deer, when the player hits the ground senseless, each combat round thereafter, the deer has an even chance of delivering another shot for good measure, or realizing it has won and walking off.
I actually agree with this, in part. Some animals that aren't super territorial shouldn't keep attacking. Other larger herbivores, such as Deer and Bison, probably should.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
Barius

Post by Barius »

Lysse wrote:
Kent wrote:Implementing this idea would be a good step forward in environmental RP, it's quite a good idea.

I actually agree with this, in part. Some animals that aren't super territorial shouldn't keep attacking. Other larger herbivores, such as Deer and Bison, probably should.
Now I'm curious. How territorial is a doe vs a stag?
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Barius wrote:
Lysse wrote:

Now I'm curious. How territorial is a doe vs a stag?
Probably not very. However, I'm not in favor of making hunting things easier than it already is.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”