Cooking with mushrooms

qinweiqi

Cooking with mushrooms

Post by qinweiqi »

I've encountered a few types of edible mushrooms in game, but it seems that I cannot cook with any of them using my skillet. Could we have mushrooms be skillet cook-able like herbs? I'm unsure if they can be used in other cooking methods since I really only use the skillet.
Jirato

Re: Cooking with mushrooms

Post by Jirato »

We've got a complete cooking overhaul in the works. Sorry, I know the answer to a lot of stuff has been "it's on the list" or "We're working on it", and it's a bit frustrating, but my code time has been pretty limited lately.

Right now, herb type items are simply tagged with a "spice" label, I believe, I'll do some testing next time I'm around in the code to see if this will be suitable for mushrooms in the interim.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

I understand completely. I'm excited to hear about the cooking overhaul. Thanks for the update.
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

I had a thought about how to do this this morning. Have mushrooms be cookable in a frying pan (sauted mushrooms, yum!) or able to be sliced into smaller bits and then used as a spice. Just a thought for that cooking overhaul.
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

You can track the status of this request here: https://trello.com/c/FuOJCXTI

Right now it is in the Backburner/Undecided list. We will be unable to move forward with it until we rework the cooking system, which is also a backburner project.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”