Scabbard as blunt weapon?

Ahelis

Scabbard as blunt weapon?

Post by Ahelis »

Would it be possible to use the scabbard as a last-ditch blunt weapon? I've heard of scabbards being used as weapons before. Granted, someone pointed on out chat that it wouldn't be particularly effective against armor. But it could still be useful as a way to stun someone and deal 'light' physical damage like bare hands and feet would.

(Edited for grammar. Apparently I can't grammar at night.)
Last edited by Ahelis on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
jilliana

Re: Scabbard as blunt weapon?

Post by jilliana »

I'm wondering why someone would have an empty scabbard?

I think it's an interesting idea.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Lae

Post by Lae »

There is a fighting style that uses weapon in one hand and scabbard in the other. The scabbards in these cases are a lot harder than leather though. Interesting concept.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Alicia

Post by Alicia »

Lae wrote:There is a fighting style that uses weapon in one hand and scabbard in the other. The scabbards in these cases are a lot harder than leather though. Interesting concept.
There is also a fighting style that uses the scabbard as a weapon in conjunction with the sword itself. Knights in the field would also spar with their swords in the scabbards to protect the blade and swordfighters for practice
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

We do actually have a category for improvised weapons, perhaps that would work.

Main problem though is that scabbards are defined so loosely. I could see certain guilds selling "dueling scabbards" though perhaps. It wouldn't apply to just any scabbard found anywhere.

Hmm...
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Lavi

Post by Lavi »

I could totally see Utasa having Dueling scabbards.
[ESP-GRAY - Shadowy-Gray]: No no (player) , you were right, it's wonderful. I think I'll send in my application today. I can't wait to partake in the parties there. I just have one question, will I need to kidnap my own child, or will there be some there for those who are un able to.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”