Cosmetic Racial Features Idea Thread

Alaia

Cosmetic Racial Features Idea Thread

Post by Alaia »

This thread is meant to be more of a general thread where people can add their own thoughts on "racial features" they'd like to see (like the Nuum have long necks) -- things that they think might be common amongst certain races but aren't unique enough to be scars/tattoos. Just to give thought; after all, it'd be nice to have some things recognized in descriptions instead of having to RP them (i.e. my PC has freckles, and I have to emote them).

For instance:
-- Freckles --
Racial Feature for: Gigan, Faewyr, other "fair-skinned" races.
S/he has a smattering of freckles.
S/he has freckles across her/his nose.
S/he has sparse cheek freckles.
S/he has copious amounts of freckles.

Just some potential views.

Feel free to add your own, the freckles are really all I have.
I play: Vanja - Khadija - Solveig - Alaia
Kunren

Re: Cosmetic Racial Features Idea Thread

Post by Kunren »

Unique eye shape for certain races could be one. Or perhaps a tendency to have dark shadows under their eyes for others. Larger than average ears, or misshapen ones. The sky's the limit really with racial similarities, as long as the GMs approve and it's not TOO out there, like scales or something. I could even see eye color not available in reality, at least commonly, being available as a common racial trait (violet, yellow, pink, red ect.). If we differentiate the races enough, we might even be able to take out the oocish feature of discerning someone's race on sight, and instead rely on traits to decide(but that would be a huge change and pretty unlikely unfortynately).
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Kunren wrote:Unique eye shape for certain races could be one. Or perhaps a tendency to have dark shadows under their eyes for others. Larger than average ears, or misshapen ones. The sky's the limit really with racial similarities, as long as the GMs approve and it's not TOO out there, like scales or something. I could even see eye color not available in reality, at least commonly, being available as a common racial trait (violet, yellow, pink, red ect.). If we differentiate the races enough, we might even be able to take out the oocish feature of discerning someone's race on sight, and instead rely on traits to decide(but that would be a huge change and pretty unlikely unfortynately).
There is a race that can get violet eyes, if I remember correctly.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Alicia

Post by Alicia »

Lysse wrote:

It is the Nuums that have crazy eye colors. I was also hoping that Nuums could have 'crystalline' added to their eye line before the color, because that is what the wiki lore says, they have very peculiar crystalline ire that resemble cut gemstones.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Alicia wrote:
Lysse wrote:

It is the Nuums that have crazy eye colors. I was also hoping that Nuums could have 'crystalline' added to their eye line before the color, because that is what the wiki lore says, they have very peculiar crystalline ire that resemble cut gemstones.
Rhuidim can have violet eyes as well. Or at least, could back in the day.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Sleilax

Post by Sleilax »

Lysse wrote: Rhuidim can have violet eyes as well. Or at least, could back in the day.

They still do. I can confirm this.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”