Text color of names of people in room

Ahelis

Text color of names of people in room

Post by Ahelis »

I don't know if everyone has this problem, but I actually find it quite difficult to notice the dark blue color of who is in the room with you on the black background. Not to mention, even reading the text is a little difficult, and I have to highlight it rather often. Today I almost ran past another person because I didn't see her name on the screen! Thought it might be worth suggesting perhaps making the text color less dark/more contrasting with the background. :)
Kunren

Re: Text color of names of people in room

Post by Kunren »

Never had this particular problem myself, but if enough people do I wouldn't have a problem with it. Just as an alternative perhaps, you could client side highlight all the names of people by using who and highlighting any new name you see. A bit of work, but something to consider at least.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Barius

Post by Barius »

Most clients have configurable colors so you can adjust each one individually to suit your needs. What client are you using?
Ahelis

Post by Ahelis »

Thanks for the suggestions. I wish I knew how to configure MUD clients! I'm using Mudlet on a Mac, if that helps.
Ardor

Post by Ardor »

Settings button on that top bar, Color View tab, background colors are on the top right.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

For musket, you can highlight certain words by going to the triggers button, but changing the background might be much easier :D didn't even know you could do that.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

Not an official policy but just some food for thought.

Whenever you see a person listed in a room, whether they be a neutral or hostile NPC, a crowd or a player you should really treat them all the same. The fact that player names are colored blue is really just OOC knowledge. In the past I have witnessed some players see a deputy walk into the area and they instantly tip their hat for him as a greeting or when they enter the infirmary they are sure to thank the one who bandaged them. Little things like that can really help with immersion and should be something to consider regardless if it's a player, NPC or GM controlled NPC. It may be a possibility someday that player names may also be made yellow just like everyone else.

With that said, to change a particular color in Mudlet click on the options >preferences tab or click the wrench icon that says "settings" at the top right. Then click on the "light blue" color and feel free to change it to whatever you like.
It's not easy being evil...
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Yellow player names, I'm all for that, but maybe make it so they show up blue or even green if we add them to our friends list? I know most people just add everyone they meet, but I use it for the crazy purpose of keeping track of people my character is actually fond of, and if your character is actually friends with someone, then they should be able to fairly easily pick them out from a crowd.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Noctere wrote:Whenever you see a person listed in a room, whether they be a neutral or hostile NPC, a crowd or a player you should really treat them all the same. The fact that player names are colored blue is really just OOC knowledge. In the past I have witnessed some players see a deputy walk into the area and they instantly tip their hat for him as a greeting or when they enter the infirmary they are sure to thank the one who bandaged them. Little things like that can really help with immersion and should be something to consider regardless if it's a player, NPC or GM controlled NPC.
EAvd>
whistle cockatiel
You whistle at a pearl cockatiel!

EAvd>
A pearl cockatiel whistles at you.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”