Cloth Poultices

baerden

Cloth Poultices

Post by baerden »

Hello,

I know we have different color bandages for different identifying different poultices, however there is no way to differentiate between poultices before we apply them to bandages. If anyone had the inclination to do so, I would suggest something like this:

Code: Select all

You carefully examine a wool poultice...
You see nothing particularly unusual about the wool poultice.
It is a tiny item, mainly made of wool.
Using your skill in herbalism, you estimate it contains 3 ground fraer roots, and 1 ground arnica.
Roundtime: 3 seconds.
Or something to that effect, thanks for considering!
jilliana

Re: Cloth Poultices

Post by jilliana »

Well, I'm thinking that once ground up and placed on a cloth, it'd be hard to tell how much of what. Maybe one could tell by smell what is on the cloth. If it's something by sight, it'd be sort of vague. Something like:
You see hints of comfrey and fraer root on the cloth.

Maybe the color of herbs placed together would tell us what kind of poultice it is. A poultice made with more of something could be darker or lighter than others.

Maybe I'm just overthinking. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

my way around this is to just aply them to bandages when i make them, and just use the bandages as a color code.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I would have said the same thing as well until I got distracted and had to put the poultice down and couldn't get back to it until later.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”