Generic Metal Items and PC Tailoring

Sevoi

Generic Metal Items and PC Tailoring

Post by Sevoi »

This is a twofer:

--Generic Metal items--
1) I think blacksmith's should have the ability to make 'shot' already, since it's just metal balls, it isn't complicated like gunpowder.
2) It would be nice if they could make more mundane things - horseshoes, pokers(for fires), logging axes/other tools, cooking implements(if they can't already), etc. For one thing, it wouldn't be above their technology level, and for another, the NPC population probably needs tools more than it needs weapons, I'd think. Maybe not though.
3) Open to other suggestions, I'm not fully aware of what blacksmiths can and can't make, but it seems it's largely combat oriented, or supportive of other disciplines (like carpentry).

--Tailoring + Farming tweaks--
This would be complicated. It would involve adding more things to farming (cotton/livestock like sheep) but would allow people to grow cotton, grow sheep and shear them for wool, etc.

These raw materials could then be used to allow PCs to make custom clothing. This is particularly important because 1) people love fashion 2) NPCs again probably need clothes more than armor 3) With Zoiya gone, I think custom stringed clothing is gone too (?) so having a PC alternative would be nice.

I'm also not a tailor, so for other suggestions, definitely post them if you are. I just know personally that I like having my character look unique, that means unique appearance and unique clothing. Right now I'm not sure how to alter the appearance aspect, but tailoring seems like a perfectly reasonable profession. It could even lead to more items for other professions (looms, thimbles, needles, thread, etc.)
Kunren

Re: Generic Metal Items and PC Tailoring

Post by Kunren »

That... Makes sense. Slightly off topic, but I could do see artisans getting far more mundane type tasks than combat. As for the tailoring thing that would be nice as well.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”