Hunting Changes

Araus

Hunting Changes

Post by Araus »

Right, so, there was talk of changing how hunting works on the chat this morning so I'm going to try and sum it up. As it is right now, people feel like it's kinda silly that just spotting an animal via the hunt command angers gaea so we talked about a few ways we could make things better, the ideas include:
- An 'unhunt' command that de-spawns the animal and resets the gaea angry meter.
- Animals and hunting only add to gaea's anger if they've been attacked.
- Change the hunt command to a sort of 'tracking' thing. Instead of instantly spawning an animal, your character searches around until they find signs of an animal, which can be followed to try and spawn the animal you want or ignored to go for another one. This could be tired to perception, a new hunt skill or just kinda done skilllessly as it is now.

If I missed anything, feel free to chip in.
blindndangerous

Re: Hunting Changes

Post by blindndangerous »

I like the idea of being able to spawn the animal, but only having the anger go up if you actually attacked. I'm sure I've made it plenty angry by spawning animals and them taking off, and me losing track of them because of the roundtime after you type battle <name>.
A towering white-furred snow yeti exclaims, "Oog!"

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”