Nitpickiness I almost don't want to mention

Kent

Nitpickiness I almost don't want to mention

Post by Kent »

Yes, there are some things on the cusp of 'Do I bring them up, or let them be'? Wouldn't I rather suggest something else or leave the GM's free to work on other issues that are clearly more important than these? Sigh.

I post these things here, all under one topic, hoping the GM's will deal with them last, after the bigger issues are resolved.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Kent

Re: Nitpickiness I almost don't want to mention

Post by Kent »

The first unimportant matter involves the long pole part of a pole-arm, currently designated a 'haft'.

In reality, this part of the weapon is less of a haft, and more of a shaft.

I confirmed this by checking wikipedia, which says,
A pole weapon or polearm is a close combat weapon in which the main fighting part of the weapon is fitted to the end of a long shaft, typically of wood, thereby extending the user's effective range.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_weapon
Last edited by Kent on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I've always thought the same thing!
The lore compels me!
Kent

Post by Kent »

The second small matter involves the hilt of swords and daggers.

When I began playing, it was possible to carve a hilt out of wood and vice that to a blade to complete the crafting of the weapon.

Then about 16 months ago, it was decided to remove that option from carving and have all hilts made of metal only. A few older characters still have, for example, an exquisite steel longsword with an oak haft, but this is a rare sight nowadays. The reason for the removal, it was said, was because a wooden handle wouldn't be functionally successful on a sword. I didn't like it, but so be it.

Regardless of how one feels about this removal from the game, the matter of nit-picking involves the weapon shop in Haiban and in Corvus, where is is still possible to buy a sword (and a dagger? I can't recall) with an ornate maple hilt or other wood hilt...this is inconsistent.

Kent

Post by Kent »

There are at least two dead skills on the Skills All list....Meditation and Fencing.

Would be better if these were deleted...it seems all they do is confuse people.

Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Meditation is a real skill, it's not "dead" or "unused". However, with the current training system, it's impossible to gain points in. This is intended for the time being.

I'll have to look into "fencing", I forgot all about it! I'll look into it.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

So, I cannot recall if I've mentioned this before, and if so, I understand that it is probably problematic and very low priority, but why won't a single riln fit into a pants pocket? Really? Either pockets are too small or riln are too large, but any currency that won't fit into a pocket seems like it should be replaced with something easier to deal with.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Because bug. Fixed.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”