Horse Rest

jilliana

Horse Rest

Post by jilliana »

So this is something that I've noticed for a while and I hope that I'm not the only one.

One can walk their horse through the wilderness and get their horse to tired/exhausted. We stop, wait a few minutes. We look at the room and at one point and notice that our horse no longer says winded.
This is where we assume, even if incorrectly, that our horse is completely rested. We know our horse is not rested because we mount and walk int 2 rooms and they are right back to winded, when usually it would take much longer for them to get winded in the first place if they were completely rested.

Here are some suggestions to make it easier for us to know if our horses are indeed completely rested.

* A room message that lets us know somehow that our horse is "slightly" tired....just like when we check our health and get it between winded and none to completely rested.
* A possible room message letting us know that our horse is rested that may or may not be added to the previously mentioned suggestion. Something like a hoof stomp or any other action done by the horse itself would do the job.
* Somehow encorporate a horse's energy into the health message we get when we check for injuries. Again, similar to what players have.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
xavier

Re: Horse Rest

Post by xavier »

perhaps a better way to show this information would be to tie it in with the health <target>. It wouldn't even have to be exact.

fully rested = looks in fine condition.
None to slight = Looks like its beginning to sweat.
along with the normal room tags of winded and tired.
winded to tired = Looks like it is sweating heavily now.

Either way this would be a very nice option .
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
blindndangerous

Re: Horse Rest

Post by blindndangerous »

I also like having the horse's health tied in with the health command.
A towering white-furred snow yeti exclaims, "Oog!"

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”