Town Board posts - they disappear too fast

Kent

Town Board posts - they disappear too fast

Post by Kent »

I like the idea that town board posts don't stay there forever, as they did back two years ago.

However, seven days seems just too short. I was wondering if we could double that to two weeks.

There are certain boards inside guilds with nothing on them usually (well, one guild I know of for sure). Perhaps posts on those boards could last 4 weeks.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Stranger

Re: Town Board posts - they disappear too fast

Post by Stranger »

Given our small population, I feel the same way. I think it might be interesting to let posts stay on the board for upwards of a month. We could also fine people for posting things they shouldn't. Something such as, "Remy herds goats." may not be an appropriate item.
"No one knows whether death, which people fear to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good."
Plato
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I like it at a week because clutter disappears in good time. If you want advertisements or such to stay up there, I don't think it's asking too much to re-post it once a week.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

People have to know about Remy. It's important!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Rias wrote:I like it at a week because clutter disappears in good time. If you want advertisements or such to stay up there, I don't think it's asking too much to re-post it once a week.
I just don't see much resembling clutter anymore...we typically see a near-empty board, which doesn't feel right. Besides, in real life, if you go past a bulletin board, you have to wade through some clutter to get to a few interesting ads. A little longer wouldn't hurt, a little clutter would give it a real life feel, and more people would become aware of Stranger's offer to sell high-end pelts, etc.

If 14 days is too long, could we go with 10 days for town boards and 20 days for in-guild boards, please?
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

I see both sides to this. How about a post stays up for a week. If you want it to stay up more, it will cost you ten riln per day up to another week. The caviot would be you aren't able to post anything else on the board for the extended period of time, considering you've already got a more permanent posting there?
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I do like the idea of paying for them to stay longer, but then the junky stuff will be paid for so it stays up there longer as well. It's not so much a win-win.
However, I do like Ken't's idea for them to stay up a little bit longer, though I don't mind updating my posts manually if I have to.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

It's RUMMY not REMY!!!111

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”