Newbie Alerts

criticalfault

Newbie Alerts

Post by criticalfault »

It would be cool if when someone was going through CG they could set something to say, "Hey, i may need help and I'm willing to accept it!". So we could be on the look out to help new players if that's something folks are interested in. I for one am very interested in something to help us help newbies a bit more easily!

-D
Jhordon -(Struck by lightning) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X69NaSUdzzA
Cigano - (Friends on the other side) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw
Kent

Re: Newbie Alerts

Post by Kent »

criticalfault wrote:It would be cool if when someone was going through CG they could set something to say, "Hey, i may need help and I'm willing to accept it!". So we could be on the look out to help new players if that's something folks are interested in. I for one am very interested in something to help us help newbies a bit more easily!

-D
Yes, it would be nice when creating if you could somehow choose to flag yourself as 'I am a total stranger to this game' versus 'I know at least the basics of getting around in CLOK'.

Perhaps on the ground in character creation at the start, there could be a badge that says 'Be nice to me, I'm brand new' that if they picked it up and wore it, some symbol would appear by their name on the Who list for a couple of hours. They don't have to pick it up and wear it if they don't want to.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

or maybe just something in the Who list, like we have for mentors.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

preiman wrote:or maybe just something in the Who list, like we have for mentors.
That's what I'm leaning toward.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”