A brilliant stab

Sneaky

A brilliant stab

Post by Sneaky »

This idea came to me earlier this morning, and possibly before then. I remembered that arrows had the ability to be lit, and I thought it might be added to bladed weapons through the use of emberlight oil as well. This would have the character place their weapon into a jar of the oil, and then use a firestarter like firestones or lanterns to light it on fire. The use of these weapons would do fire damage to the target as well as possibly setting the target on fire. As there will more than likely be some dripping fire occurring, the ability to set yourself on fire would be present, which could be reduced based according to your firekendling skill because making a safe fire would lend it's use to keeping this fire away from harming you. The amount of oil used would also depend on the type of weapon, for instance, a dagger would take less oil versus a longsword. Another thing, is to have the wooden weapons you can carve also be lit on fire, of course they would burn themselves out eventually, but would be a nice addition.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Rias
DEV

Re: A brilliant stab

Post by Rias »

I've designed a special item for this purpose, but I'd rather not have it be commonly available. With arrows it's a little more balanced, because you have to light each arrow, and you lose the arrows. With an inexpensive, unlimited, available-in-every-settlement source of letting anyone and everyone add fire to melee attacks, I can't imagine anyone not using it, and then it's no longer special.
The lore compels me!
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

I don't suppose you could tell us what those items are?
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Nope! Not yet released.
The lore compels me!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Well, Sneaky, at least you took a... stab... at it.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

You pick up a drake falchion.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I've wanted to make obsidian (and to a lesser extent, bloodglass) like the feras of CLOK. Significant damage bonus to slash/hack attacks, but wears down and breaks extremely quickly.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”