Making it easier to see "You realize your hour is up"

Kent

Making it easier to see "You realize your hour is up"

Post by Kent »

Currently, when you have been in the workroom or workyard for your hour, the message "You realize your hour is up" is in plain gray and is easy to miss.

Could you put that in a bright colour so we are unlikely to miss it, please? For example,

You realize your hour is up.

and perhaps to make the message a little longer, for example,

You realize your permit has expired and your hour is up.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
DEV

Re: Making it easier to see "You realize your hour is up"

Post by Rias »

I think the "You realize your hour is up." messaging is awesome. It's so vague and ominous! I want to make it have a bunch of wraiths leap out of the shadows and devour your (general you) soul just to go along with the messaging.
The lore compels me!
TwistedAkai

Post by TwistedAkai »

If this done, adding a bell character to it might be a good idea, too. Thought that might just be me.
You also notice the corpse of a canim scavenger (x169).
Noctere

Post by Noctere »

I have a suspicion that the message may have been intentionally made to be subtle so that one would need to pay attention to the IC actions of their character as they work. I am not accusing anyone but remember that performing IC actions while AFK is a BIG no no. (See policy 5 for details.)

With that in mind, there are many client side ways to make the message change into a different color or sound an audio warning, if you really want it bad enough.
It's not easy being evil...

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”