Draw/Sheath

Elystole

Draw/Sheath

Post by Elystole »

There's one set of verbs from DR that I really miss: <draw> and <sheath>.

The two verbs were linked. You'd first sheath a weapon in its appropriate container (<sheath handaxe in haft-frog>) to set it, and from that point you could <draw> it and it'd get it like normal. But since you drew it, you could then just <sheath> it and it'd automatically go back in that container without you specifying it. And it was specific to each weapon.

It seems like a small thing, but it made organization easier, it helps a lot in a fight when you need to change weapons, and it's a bit more RP-appropriate to draw and sheath weapons than just get them.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Rias
DEV

Re: Draw/Sheath

Post by Rias »

sheath is implemented.
The lore compels me!
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

EWRng>
sheath handaxe in frog
You put your exquisite steel handaxe in your haft-frog.
A haft-frog is now set as the default sheath for your exquisite steel handaxe.

EWRng>
get handaxe
You remove an exquisite steel handaxe from the haft-frog you are wearing.

EWRng>
sheath handaxe
You put your exquisite steel handaxe in your haft-frog.
So. Cool. Thanks!
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Kent

Post by Kent »

I know it was asked earlier if the command 'draw' could be implemented, and it was declined as a way to get weapons from their sheath.

As a second idea, if we keep the command syntax 'get weapon' as it is, could we have first and third party messaging to the effect of 'he draws', vis.

get longsword

Kent draws a longsword from his red leather scabbard.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”