Achievements Suggestion

Skah

Achievements Suggestion

Post by Skah »

On the whole I think the orginal acheivements were nice, not super serious, OOC fun. I'd like to suggest the guild ones be removed though. They make it way too easy for me to learn, and be constantly reminded of people's guild OOC, when often Skah doesn't know. I personally find it hard enough to remember what information I learned IC versus OOC without them!

I realize people can choose not to use them, but as far as I know I can't opt out of seeing them, or seeing the notifications when people recieve them. Personally, I think they're a touch out of place for an RP-intensive MUD. (I'm also aware I could turn off chat. I enjoy chat a lot, so I'd rather not!)
TwistedAkai

Re: Achievements Suggestion

Post by TwistedAkai »

Possible solution: An option to not see the titles people are using on Chat.
You also notice the corpse of a canim scavenger (x169).
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I like Twisty's suggestion. I'd say the CHAT channel in general is far more jarring in an RP-enforced game than some guild-based OOC titles.
The lore compels me!
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Here's one such option!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Option 25 (RPHardcore) has been added. This will remove you from the who list (except to mutual friends), disable tell/question/chat, prevent you from sending or recieving achievement announcements, and prevent you from seeing GM Smite/Blesses.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I like RPHardcore, but it might be nice to make it so mutual friends can still 'tell' each other or just remove the 'tell' part. There's already an option to disable tells, but not necessarily options for all of those other benefits to my knowledge. Also, the Options page on the wiki could use an update ;)

Thanks!
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Kiyaani wrote:it might be nice to make it so mutual friends can still 'tell' each other or just remove the 'tell' part.
I understand the reasoning behind your request, but I'm pretty firmly against this. We'd just be facilitating cliques of players to keep their OOC between themselves. The concept behind this option is a complete withdrawal from OOC. In the same regards, perhaps my hasty decision to allow mutual friends to see eachother on WHO was a poor one. It may be better if we had just disabled it entirely while the option was on.

Either way, if you want to exchange private messages with others, you can always get them on Skype/Yahoo/AIM/ICQ/Google Hangouts/Whatever.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

I'd suggest disabling who entirely. I'm toying with the option, and having the mutual friends thing 1. makes it seem odd when the only people playing are people who have me on their list and 2. adds an additional level of meta to the friends list where I'm asking myself "Do I want this person to be able to see me when I've gone dark?"
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

And if you're looking for something less extreme, here's another alternative!

ANNOUNCEMENT: You may now toggle option 26 (HideTitles) to prevent the display of ALL chat titles on chat and question. Note this affects what you see only, if you want to hide your own title, please use the title clear subcommand.

It'll also disable Achievement Earned messages.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”