Carrying things up stairs and such

merin
CLOK Patron

Carrying things up stairs and such

Post by merin »

Ok, I wasn't really sure what I should call this post, but here goes!

WHen moving intoa house in, say, morehollow, we have to climb up the set of stairs. We aren't able to get a handcart up there. Is there a way we would be able to do something so we can get barrels and other objects up there not one at a time?

On reflection of this, I understand why pulling handcarts up there wouldn't be a good idea, however, taking two items at a time is kind of a pain in the butt, lol. Is there any way that could be done to make it possible to take a few loose items at a time up the stairs or using another person to assist you in dragging heavy heavy things up them? The items I'm talking about are spears, quarterstaves etcetera, that are too large to fit in backpacks.
Skah

Re: Carrying things up stairs and such

Post by Skah »

merin wrote:On reflection of this, I understand why pulling handcarts up there wouldn't be a good idea
Yeah, it wouldn't really make sense. With stairs, handcarts would be really useless. How much stuff are you planning on storing on the second floor of your house that this isn't just a one-time annoyance? It's a bit of a pain to furnish the second floor of a house, but once you've done so it's kind of done.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

You have to climb stairs to actually get into Morhollow itself.
On one hand, it wouldn't make much sense, but then on the other...sometimes you do need to move things around and sometimes it would just be easier for that to be fixed somehow.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Haiban should merc out some movers at a high-price depending on the weight + destination.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Idea: For a minimal fee, have workers use a ropes-and-pullies lift to bring your wagon up from the ground to the Morhollow entrance (and vice-versa)!

C'mon, Morhollow could use the revenue!
The lore compels me!
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Hahaha indeed it does.

That really would be a nifty idea, actually, a cart being pulled up would require it to be lowered. I think wagons are a bit too big...unless this is all sarcasm....

Either way, it make sense -- having a way to not and having a way to get it up there.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”