hiresword I choose you!

krishnajariwala

hiresword I choose you!

Post by krishnajariwala »

I wish there was a way to make it so that as long as a merc is on, traders can not hire hireswords. Unless there is say one merc on and 5 traders and the mer currently on is already been hired. The reason for this is that mercs are like a mix of bodyguards and killers for hire. This would give them more of a roll to play rather then just walking around killing things at random. I understand that you can roll play someone hiring you however, most will not hire you because you can just go hire yourself a hiresword. Again, I don't think that hireswords should be takeing out of the game but I think they should be limited when a merc is on. also, it would be nice if there was some sout of a place where you can go to put out a contract. For example, if I wanted help killing something or going somewhere, I can go to the merc guild and put a contract up and then if a merc wants, they can take the contract and take the person where they need to go. This way, they can make some money and have more things to do.
Rias
DEV

Re: hiresword I choose you!

Post by Rias »

Good luck. Whenever my NPCs try to hire PC mercenaries, they're either told that they aren't paying enough, or that the mercenary would rather not get involved in the situation. I have far more luck hiring Thieves, Dwaedn, or Claw for stuff of this nature.
The lore compels me!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Wait. Are you saying this as a Mercenary? If so, then yay! Maybe my NPCs will find and hire you.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Except that one time when someone DID take the money.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yep. One time.
The lore compels me!
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

I do think it would be neat to be able to hire mercenaries via a contract thing like at the colition for traders. But, I've also seen mercs call for hire and nothing happen, so, hmm.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”