Tells + Invisible GMs

Jaren

Tells + Invisible GMs

Post by Jaren »

I wonder if it would be possible to implement a reply system like ("re" or "r" or just "reply") that we could use to reply to the last person who sent us a tell.

Also more importantly I think it would be neat to be able to reply to a invisible GMs within a small time frame after they tell'd us.

It would go something like this if you were playing as Thedude talking to "invisible" GM Norris:
tell Thedude I like tacos!
[From Norris ::3 minutes left to reply::]: I like tacos!

re Norris Yeah man THEY ROCK!
[To Norris ]: Yeah man THEY ROCK!
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"
Winston Zeddmore
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Good idea. Also, +1 for the color coding.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

This could lead to trouble.If say some people are bitching as people are wont too about a person and then said person tells one of them something without them noticing and they simply use reply they could send a hurtful remark to the person they were bitching about.Or that could happen "by accident".This problem recently came up on the Iron Realms.
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

Ya I hate when that happens. Unfortunately, miss tells do happen and they can happen without a reply command as well (which I have done on many occasions). This command isn't just intended for the lazy but to give a better way to reply to an invisible GM. One way to make both sides happy might be to make the reply command work only for tells by GMs but that might be tricky to code. Hopefully, people won't get a lot of tells from different GMs, at the same time, and happen to be bad mouthing one at the time.

Any other thoughts out there?
Last edited by Jaren on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"
Winston Zeddmore

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”