Fish descriptions

qinweiqi

Fish descriptions

Post by qinweiqi »

I'm unsure if this is a bug report or a feature request. I noticed that some fish (cave-nipper, slime eel, phantom flatfish) have detailed descriptions:
"The fish is flat and oval-shaped, its transluscent skin revealing the bones and other innards. Its eyes are enormous, compared to its body size."

However, pretty much all of the other fish I've checked out have no real description:
"You see nothing particularly unusual about the average orange-striped perch."

I'd love to see real descriptions for all of them. I understand that takes creativity and time (the latter being particularly scarce) but I wanted to get it added to a to do list somewhere because, well, I like fish.
Gruff

Re: Fish descriptions

Post by Gruff »

If you give me a lot of all the fish, I'll do the creative part and if they like it I can save them some of that time.

Or perhaps this is a good chance for a player participation contest. "Design that Fish"!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Poop fish: This fish looks like a turd! There are several peanut-like nodules covering it, and that yellow spec might be corn it doesn't remember eating.
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

Wow Jaster, thank you. That is beautiful.

The list of fish I know of are as follows:

Have no description:
beaked fire salmon
copperscale trout
flat spotted brown mudfish
leaping blue salmon
mirrorscale carp
orange-striped perch
pale orange suckerfish
pink-scaled trout
red-gilled yellow firedart
silvery ironscale trout
slimy gray mistling
speckled gray river-duster
speckled green rock-eater
spiky brown-finned clawfish
spotted white crappie
yellow-banded green river-eel
yellow-green striped bass

Have a description: [for proper templating, I've included the descriptions]
long crimson-spined ultramarine cave-nipper [Though small, the cave-nipper has a fearsome appearance. Its long crimson-tinged dorsal fin is spined and spiky, and its beak-like mouth sports sharp-looking teeth.]
transluscent phantom flatfish [The fish is flat and oval-shaped, its transluscent skin revealing the bones and other innards. Its eyes are enormous, compared to its body size.]
blue-green slime eel [The eel is long and flat, its blue-green body covered in a slimy mucus.]
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I call dibbs on the crappie.
Gruff

Post by Gruff »

Good sized list. I'm out of town this weekend working on a project but I should be back Tuesday or something and can throw some time at it.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Feel free to submit descriptions, so long as you're all right with them being altered or not used at all if they don't fit the developers' ideas of what the fish are supposed to look like. Even if they're not used, player submissions often springboard things.

Also: Yay, some fish haven't been discovered yet!
The lore compels me!
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

Rias wrote:Feel free to submit descriptions, so long as you're all right with them being altered or not used at all if they don't fit the developers' ideas of what the fish are supposed to look like. Even if they're not used, player submissions often springboard things.

Also: Yay, some fish haven't been discovered yet!
By me. I don't get out much =P

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”