Second Floor for Shattered Pumpkin Inn

Arragaur

Second Floor for Shattered Pumpkin Inn

Post by Arragaur »

Building a second floor (where the actual sleeping rooms would be located) for the Shattered Pumpkin Inn would be a welcome addition. I think there would major interest by players who can appreciate something that adds immersion to the one of the most OOC mechanics ever; logging out. I do not know for certain if there are any other players who share this feeling, but the capability to log out in an In-Character fashion has always been a welcome surprise. I, as a player may log out, but my character lives and breaths. As such, he exists in a reality likes ours. When he is hungry, he eats. When thirsty, he drinks. And when tired, he sleeps, and time passes while he remains unconscious. Something which comes in handy when the Player is tired too. Now, some players probably don't mind logging out and then simply picking up where they left off when they return. But, I think there are others just like me would enjoy the ability to rp our character's going to sleep when we do in RL, and then when we log back in, acknowledging the passage of time. Not to mention, the added dimension of an imperative to seek shelter for the night.

P.S.

I would, though this is just a suggestion, add that a similar addition should be made to other popular Inns/ resting locations. It would be really welcomed.
Rithiel

Re: Second Floor for Shattered Pumpkin Inn

Post by Rithiel »

Inn rooms are currently being worked on.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Lysse

Re: Second Floor for Shattered Pumpkin Inn

Post by Lysse »

On a similar vein to the original post, it's worth mentioning that the Wilderness (in certain areas) is a good place to log out if you want a more "realistic" approach to it rather than just disappearing in towns. I've made use of caves for that specific purpose on Lysse, in fact.

Secondly, it's been a while since I've been in any sort of Inn in the game, but it might be appropriate to include a Common Room/Tap Room/Etc. in each of the inns if they don't already have them, as it's likely not everyone would rent a room above the gathering area. It's more likely that most people would pay a few riln to sleep/rest in the shared gathering area.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”